• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000s printhead issue

cheez_cb

here we go,

am new to signs 101, and this is my first thread as well...I own an HP 9000s
never had a single problem with it, the print quality has always been sharp and clear. Two days ago when i was doing the daily maintenance I noticed that around the printheads there was some build up of ink and other particles that accumulate there over time.
So i removed the wiper frame/box compartment or whatever its called, in order to have room to acces the bottom of my printheads. I used some wiper cleaning fluid to remove the ink build up around the heads...it wasnt bad at all..dont think it had a ton of build up...but it needed to be cleaned to my judgement.

so then i put wiper box back and i ran a strong PH Recovery like i do every morning and my Magenta and Cyan have jets missing. I Print and I dont get solid reds or blues...i get white lines from the missing jets to the point i have to print high quality specially a vehicle wrap that i printed today.

Doesn't matter how many strong PH Recovery or wash printheads i perform, i still get messy prints.

I need your help guys, i have always taken good care of this printer idk why all of a sudden I clean the bottom of my printheads and it goes all wrong.

thanks

HulkSmash

Sounds like when doing that you might have broke an O ring. Check to make sure they're there sealing the ink tubes

cheez_cb

an "O" ring? i never touched or disconnected any of the lines..but lets say that is the issue. what steps do i need to take in order to see if they are sealing properly?

Bill Modzel

I'd invest in a "Printhead Nozzle Plate Cleaning Kit". It's a kit with a protective guard and pads that you soak with a bit of printhead cleaner and park the printhead on it for an overnight soak. I've maintained mine for 4 years with occasional use of this kit.

I think that you may have inadvertently plugged the jets by your hand wiping attempt. Thats not an acceptable way to clean the printheads on the 9000.