Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP ColorSpan 5465UV

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Newbie2012, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 New Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Need some help / guidance...

I recently bought a HP ColorSpan 5465UV machine from a friend of mine who moved into a bigger machine... but I can find very little about it online.

This will be my first move into the wide format business (20+ years in offset and digital press experience) so I'm not sure where to go to get some info and support.

My first question is if this machine needs a RIP or if you can send files directly to the machine?
    There are no books with the machine, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    Tags:
  2. Robert Gruner

Robert Gruner Member

Mar 6, 2012
    houston tx
    I hope you didn't pay too much. HP has pretty much put that puppy to bed.

3. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    call your local hp dealer and see if they can locate a manual for you, you will be needing their services so you might as well start that relationship right away.

4. Hzone15

Hzone15 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Contact a local dealer for assistance. Search online for HP45500. They are basically one in the same and you will probably have more luck finding details on the equipment.

Yes you do need a 3rd Party Rip Option. Onyx etc.