• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp Designjet 5500ps printhead issue Lmagenta Reseat message..

anozira02

My hp 5500ps keeps asking me to reseat print head,, even when installing new head asks after a cpl. of re starts.. I noticed a lot of people are having this issue with the 5000 series printers. Is there any fix for this problem, or maybe disconnecting the sensor for the head sensor.. has anyone solved this problem ? My unit is about 6 years old could it be that a part may need to be replaced in the unit? I cleaned all the connectors both head the carriage.

anozira02

might just be a bad printhead, it happens

Just learned yesterday online in one of the Hp forums that some printers such as the designjet 5500 which I have actually can tell which year was your print head
released, if the print head lets say 6 years old the printer will reject that head. No wonder HP has a class action lawsuit against them for proprietary practices.. considering the use of smart chip,,, which does a bit more than just telling how much ink is in a cartridge..

anozira02

I am happy to say that I solved my hp designjet 5500 constant reseat printhead messages on the Lmagenta side. I installed a new lines lens also had to shim the printhead on one side and shimmed the top as well, after restart the problem went away,,, at least for now..