• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Designjet 8000s exploded view or schematic

AKwrapguy

The company I work for has 2 HP Designjet 8000s's. One of them has recently started making a very loud noise that sounds like something in the lower pump housing in the gears are not aligned correctly and they are slipping or grinding. From what I can tell it's the gear that drives the shaft that activates the pumps. Before I jump into the rabbit hole on this I was looking for an exploded view or schematic of the the whole printer so that I could order the parts I will need.

Does anyone have anything like this?

GP_Oz

Never worked on an 8k but did so on 9k and 10k and never had exploded diagrams for those.

The service station is a 1 part only. What i found is that when the cleaning cycle sounds extra fast and noisy and cleaning the heads seems ineffective - it is the shaft that drives the pumps which wears out just on the end that is gripped by the clutch bearing / one way bearing etc etc.
A silly design

Get the covers off and watch the pump gearing mech..if there is a heap of noise and no rotation - that is your problem

I made about 10 of them for under $200 where a new service station is $3k AUD

AKwrapguy

Ya I already partially took it apart to see what was going on and we determined it was the clutch bearing, just looking for a part number to see if we could order another one form some where. Where did you get yours made?