• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 9000S Problem

FMFBall

Hey all....I'm having an issue with an HP Designjet 9000s where randomly within a print or at the very beginning the print will stop with a "media jam" error. The print head hasn't touched the media and is safely above the capping station. The problem appears to be that the pinch rollers aren't pulling the media all the way through and the tension either becomes too tight and triggers a paper jam on the printer. Is it a motor issue, a vinyl issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

ddubia

On an HP 8000 I had the "media jam" error and I messed with it for probably 45 minutes until I walked to the back of the printer and found that my helper hastily loaded the media and it was not squarely in the rollers and was causing tension from there.

Did I mention that my helper was me? :frustrated:

FMFBall

Thanks for the reply dubia...that was one of my first instincts too (too much tension from somewhere). So one experiment led to another and the problem still happens even with loose media in the machine, AKA No tension whatsoever. Hmmmmm??????

eye4clr

I was getting lots of media feed and alignment errors until i repositioned the right hand cap on the feed side. Seems that loads rolls again and again had moved the cap enough that it was too far over.

The media would still load and align within the stripes decal on the feed side heater. But it did clear up the problem.

csc

Are any of the fingers on the spools that hold the media broken off? I was having problems a few years ago and found that missings tabs on the spool can cause the media to feed to one side or the other. I replaced both spools since they each had at least one broken tab. Never had that issue again. I wish someone would come out with aluminum spools so they wouldn't break.

aerospacial

Me too.

trying to change the encoder and encoder sensor...but still get the warning(1) media jam....bu no crashes.

carlos.

JoeBoomer

Easy Fix

Best fix is.....

Step 1: Wheel it out to the curb or a field and beat it like it murdered your family.
Step 2: Buy HP Latex printer

Best decision I've ever made was to get an HP Latex to replace that solvent ticking time-bomb. My hatred for that machine runs deep.

Go team!

iSignDesigncom

Paper jam

I am having the issue where it goes directly to paper jam error. Can you by pass the sensor for paper jam through maintenance mode?

HP 8000s I am running.