• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet L26500- Headstrike Issues

Aireana

Anyone know some solutions to printhead striking? Doesn't happen on all the time, but when it does it is usually in the center of the print. Thanks!

Aireana

It could be a multitude of things. what are you running? is it all material or just one?
HP Designjet L26500 latex 61", Onyx 12 RIP Postershop, and the material that most commonly is affected is IJ180C Controltac with Comply Graphic Film
which is our most used material.

papabud

Lone Wolf
is it when the print starts or farther down the line.
you could turn your heat down, turn your vacuum up.
add a weight to the lead edge, feed out more material to start

Aireana

is it when the print starts or farther down the line.
you could turn your heat down, turn your vacuum up.
add a weight to the lead edge, feed out more material to start
at the start and farther down the line, it's different each time. I notice it tends to happen to solid color printing. We print for trailers, vehicles, etc.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would start with turning your heat down. it could be curing and warping the material to much. i run 3m 180-10 controltec all day long with no head strikes. maybe 3 a year due to something i did wrong

flyplainsdrifta

yeah agreed with papa bud. heat down a bit, vac up, and if its still continuing, try connecting to the take up before you begin the run, may help keep it down