• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP discontinued Pantone color charts in HP Flexi Sign Pro Software?!?!?!?!!

Anyone else had their Pantone Color Tables/Charts pulled out of their software? I was having an issue with my HP Flexi Sign & Print Pro V12 so I closed it out and when I reopened it my Pantone table was missing. No big deal its happened before. So I go to the usual open table.....bla bla bla get to the location where my Pantone folder usually is and the entire Pantone Folder has been removed...... Fast forward....I call SAi the makers of the Flexi software and the tech guy tells me some BS line that HP decided they didn't want to pay for the license to use Pantone anymore so SAi "Flexi" had to pull the Pantone Tables out of the HP branded versions of the Flexi Software because HP was no longer licensed to use it. I immediately call Grimco (my print supplier that I bought my printer and everything else from) they have not heard of this. I have been trying to get a hold of someone at HP and have been unsuccessful so far. Anyone else having this issue or heard anything about this?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ain't the cloud great?
LOL...... Only thing I can recommend is if anyone else has this HP version would be to go the install folder and make a backup of the Pantone tables asap. Then after an update removes them just copy them back in again.

TomK

LOL...... Only thing I can recommend is if anyone else has this HP version would be to go the install folder and make a backup of the Pantone tables asap. Then after an update removes them just copy them back in again.
Happy to do this if someone tells me the file name, I'll grab it from one of my installs.

FrankW

The color tables are not in the cloud, they are saved locally. My HP Edition Folder still contains the Pantone-Tables. The more likely reason for a missing colour table is that the user himself moves it by mistake.

Brandon708

My pantone chart is still there. It is saved locally on the computer.....

( C: ) > Program Files (x86) > SAi > SAi Production Suite Cloud > Swatch > Library > Pantone

I made a copy of it just in case. The pantone chart is very important to printing.