• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB500 Roll to Roll Alternative?

amulle

Hey guys, I've been on this site for a while now, but this is my first post. My shop just purchased an HP FB500 and should be arriving this week. My question is, is there something I can get or build to make a roll to roll system instead of buying the extremely overpriced "upgrade" from HP? It seems like it can be done and I was curious if anybody had any advice. We are currently running our HP L25500...so we still have that for rolls, but was just curious if there was a way to do roll to roll on the FB500 without the upgrade.

Thanks!
Alfred

supersignmart

banner material on a fb500

Before we bought our HP latex LX850 we printed banner material on our 2 FB950, these are just like the FB700 which is very similar to your printer. We just put the banner material on the bed and ran it through our printer. You will be amazed how well it prints without using the roll to roll option.

Turnergraphics

fb500 roll to roll and registration bar

I just bought an FB500. We didn't get the roll option. We tried running a 60 inch sheet of 15" vinyl through and had tracking issues. I guess I'll need to buy an aftermarket take up reel . The detail of the prints is great but so far I'm disappointed that the regisration bar does not come all the way down to touch the belt, there fore you can get thick materials into place much easier than thin matertials. 30 mil and less slide right under the registration bar, making it a mute feature. The experts say to bend the sides of the sheet a bit so that it touches the bar and then let the sheet flop onto the table. Sorry but I'm a perfectionist and very demanding, especially when I'm trying to print on top of a kiss cut. Anybody worked with printing thin sheets on the FB500 and have advice?

rt