• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB500 Scitex- Ink Peeling

AdamWhatleyTech

Good Morning All,

I have had an HP FB500 Scitex printer for about 8 months now. It has been a workhorse for me. The only complaint that I have received thus far is when it comes to double sided printing on Corrugated Plastic. My customers (real estate agents) get their signs printed double sided with For Sale on one side and Sold on the other. What is happening is they put two signs in their sign frame back to back with the For Sale or Sold side facing out. When they go to change the signs, the ink on the two sides that were on the inside basically sticks together and peels off when pulling the two signs apart.

My question is has anyone else had this happen to them? I was using Matra Plast coroplast before but have changed to the "Coroplast" brand name coroplast.

As far as my printing process goes, all I do is wipe off the corrugated plastic with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol before printing. After printing the first side I let it dry for at least half a day and then do the other side. Now, before my customers come pick up their signs I let both sides dry for at least another day and let them pick them up.

Any help would be appreciated!

danno

We had a peeling issue with our FB700 on coro for awhile. I have switched to cleaning with mpc plastic prep 6428sp and the issue has diminished. I also started dating my coro as it came it. I found that the older coro had more issues than the newer coro.

AdamWhatleyTech

We had a peeling issue with our FB700 on coro for awhile. I have switched to cleaning with mpc plastic prep 6428sp and the issue has diminished. I also started dating my coro as it came it. I found that the older coro had more issues than the newer coro.

Hey danno,

Where did you get that stuff? Do you know if it's available in Canada? Thanks!

danno

Not sure about the Canadian version. It's available from Tubelite here in the states. Here's who makes it Matthews Paint Pleasant Prairie, WI 262-947-0700

LarryB

I have had ink fall off on coroplast before and attributed it to old coroplast. I have though seen some 4' x 4' signs flatbed printed on our HP FB500 six months ago with ink falling off.