• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Fb700 Black Dot Problems

PE3185

We have been running into a reoccurring problem. we are printing on 12 pt
42 x 60 card stock both sides regular and full bleed...

Here is what's happening, on the trailing end of the sheet about an inch from the edge if the sheet there will be black dots running the width of the material.

The Dots correspond to the holes in the belt of the Scitex Hp 700.

It looks like the ink mist is being sucked under the substrate and is depositing black marks of ink as it sucks the ink mist through the holes

Have tried all vacuum levels hight through low. Low doesn't get the dots but medium and high do.

Problem with low vacuum level is the substrate will not stay down on low and pulls up and hits the heads damaging the product so low is useless.

seems like a crappy way to design a machine with these small problems....

Anyone get these and is there a solution

Please Help I'm getting desperate ...

ExposeJustin

The same thing happened to us on 50 pt board. Our size was 28 x 44 and they were full bleed/both sides.

Thankfully it was a dark enough image that it didn't matter, but we saw them on the second side before printing.

HP tech was here when we showed him and he explained it just like you did - as a known problem with no solution. It doesnt happen on plastic substrates but on paper faced ones like chipboard and foamcore, it does.

PE3185

Oh thats just great, puts ya between a rock and a hard place.....
we do get most off with IPA and a Q-tip but its a great pain and doesn't look pretty.

Thanks for the reply

FishnSigns

Would it be possible to run a 6" x width of board "tail" on the end of the print? We have to do this from time to time on other printers. Not real convenient but it does the trick. Just a thougth. It could be a scrap piece of 12pt or other thin stock. Not sure how this will impact the sensors??

We are considering buying an FB700. Other than the ink dots, would you recommend the printer? Any regrets? Thanks for your time.

Desert_Signs

I've had the same thing happen with my FB500, but it also happens on PVC/Sintra. Doesn't seem to be an issue on any other substrate. Mine isn't black though, it's usually reddish.