• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP Firmware STORM_00_06_00.3

wyatt2001

Has anyone had success updating their firmware? I can’t get it to update on my Latex 560.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyatt2001

I haven't updated in a month or two but my 570's updated fine

This update was published 1-10-2018.
4fe4e749f22e87a8f41adef33c267894.jpg

AKwrapguy

Has anyone had success updating their firmware? I can’t get it to update on my Latex 560.

Wen to look at the update and it won't let me download it. Looks like they might be blocking it at the server end.

wyatt2001

You have to do it from a computer. The last 2 firmwares broke the on board update for some people.

I tried from my computer also. It says there is an error. Must be a server issue on HP’s end. I’m having communication errors and hoping this update can solve some issues.

jayhawksigns

Have had some communications issues as well as of late but I am blaming Flexi for it, re-ripping the file usually fixes the issue.

As to the firmware, whether I try it on the computer of the printer it almost immediately fails and errors out.

pholt1

My 360 has been trying to update for months. Very frustrating because I think it fixes a couple bugs that happens to ours. But at least it’s still trucking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

My printer successfully downloaded the firmware sometime in the last week, just waiting for me to click the Install Now button. Any word on this update and what it does?

Sign.ed

Lots of technical glitch fixes like the failure to connect error or communication loss to onyx
^^^ Software update did the opposite for me!!! ^^^^

HP570

I updated and it has cost me nearly 2 days on a high volume (for us) print job. Onyx and the printer seem to get into spats. I have had files sit at 100% for nearly 10 minutes. Well when we are running 216, getting stuck for 10 minutes really hurts. I have found that restarting Onyx would help and it would print fine for a time, and then it would get stuck again. It would eventually print, but again 216 x 10... CRINGGEEE.

Another issue I noticed, I can't definitively tie this to the firmware update, is when the printer is looking for the registration line to print Side B on double sided prints, it will not find the line. This is even when I can verify that the reg. line did make it to the OMAS sensor. It was usually remedied by someone just selecting "retry."

We rely on being able to print overnight to complete this order, in our customer's time frame. So, it definitely goes without saying this really hurt us, or at least wore me out, it was good for my paycheck though. $$$$

I can't pinpoint this on the update however all the issues we have been happening weren't around before we updated...:frustrated::frustrated::toasting:

maximumapogee

^^^ Software update did the opposite for me!!! ^^^^

HP570

I updated and it has cost me nearly 2 days on a high volume (for us) print job. Onyx and the printer seem to get into spats. I have had files sit at 100% for nearly 10 minutes. Well when we are running 216, getting stuck for 10 minutes really hurts. I have found that restarting Onyx would help and it would print fine for a time, and then it would get stuck again. It would eventually print, but again 216 x 10... CRINGGEEE.

Another issue I noticed, I can't definitively tie this to the firmware update, is when the printer is looking for the registration line to print Side B on double sided prints, it will not find the line. This is even when I can verify that the reg. line did make it to the OMAS sensor. It was usually remedied by someone just selecting "retry."

We rely on being able to print overnight to complete this order, in our customer's time frame. So, it definitely goes without saying this really hurt us, or at least wore me out, it was good for my paycheck though. $$$$

I can't pinpoint this on the update however all the issues we have been happening weren't around before we updated...:frustrated::frustrated::toasting:
I haven't noticed any difference either. Don't know if it will help, but have you updated onyx's "drivers" some of the driver files are dated 1-20-18.

jayhawksigns

Had a first time glitch today though I can't specifically blame the firmware though it was updated last week. Went to print a job and the screen showed the target temp being like 70. Then it errors out something about temperature failing to ramp up. Reboot and it didn't happen again.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Sign.ed

Had a first time glitch today though I can't specifically blame the firmware though it was updated last week. Went to print a job and the screen showed the target temp being like 70. Then it errors out something about temperature failing to ramp up. Reboot and it didn't happen again.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thrice during my as the order mentioned above I had the tempature drop. I didn't check the front panel for the value, but I had 3 files that had to be reprinted because the heat dropped out. Rebooting the machine fixed that.