• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Flexi Tiling overlap

Jb1983

So normally when im tiling its verticalpanels and setting the overlap is simple. However this time im wrapping a big wall that is going to be 4ft x 115 feet so I want to print it horizontally, since im not about to do it in long 115 piece I want to break it up in to 10-12 foot sections, but the production manager is not giving me the option to set overlap this way.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2293).png
    Screenshot (2293).png
    317.1 KB · Views: 345

bannertime

Uncheck the box with "12". Check the box in red, set it to 120. Set blue box to how ever much overlap you want.

That will give you 51x120 panels to install with an overlap, which is currently 0.5in.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 266

Jb1983

Uncheck the box with "12". Check the box in red, set it to 120. Set blue box to how ever much overlap you want.

That will give you 51x120 panels to install with an overlap, which is currently 0.5in.

Ok, thank you, I guess because the arrows were pointed left and right I didn't think it was doing my overlap as im printing up/down.
One more question? How can I select to just print 1 or 2 tiles at a time? I don't like running more than 20ft thru my laminator at a time as its got a horrible tracking problem these days and im still waiting to order a new one haha.

bannertime

Off the top of my head: You'd need to to select each tile that you DON'T want to print and uncheck the "Print" box that's under "Selected Tile."
You'd need to do that over and over again. I guess it's still faster than splitting the file in the design program.

stickerhed

Ok, thank you, I guess because the arrows were pointed left and right I didn't think it was doing my overlap as im printing up/down.
One more question? How can I select to just print 1 or 2 tiles at a time? I don't like running more than 20ft thru my laminator at a time as its got a horrible tracking problem these days and im still waiting to order a new one haha.
Right click on the tiles you don't want to print and it will gray them out.