• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L25500 failure

nacaloc

Hello, my l25500 was working great and after moving I am having issues.

After cleaning and reinstalling it the printer booted up fine. The ink would pump and it would feed material but the heater was not turning on and when going to test print I would get a 14:17 error about AC voltage. I followed the manual, checked for loose cables, checked the resistance with a multimeter, double checked all the connections(resistance was 10% higher than the specs in all readings) but the machine would still boot. I ran more diagnostics and kept getting the 14:17 until I got a 14:10 which at that point I quit for the day.

The next day I came back to try again and I can't get the printer to initialize and it throws an 86:01 error.

I did not touch the Sausalito PCI PCA or the main board, the only component I removed as the power supply for the heater core and checked the connections.

Now upon boot up there is one beep and no initialization. I followed the manual and ran a Scan axis test which again throws an error. At this point the manual basically says "Replace everything" but I have a feeling this is a simple cable being unplugged or being damaged or maybe a fuse, yet I do not see any damage.

notes: The cable for the front IR sensor fan is damaged so that is the only unplugged component.

When running the test to check the door sensors, the printer can detect when the right service door is open or closed but is blind to the main window and throws and error during the "open window" part. When I manually depress both the main window switches I can hear a relay clicking so I believe it is working.

Does anyone have any suggestions to try to resolve the 86:01 error?

Last edited:

nacaloc

update: I believe it is just the temperature sensor fan on the front, part CH955-67098

does anyone know of any in stock somewhere or have any used?

Ere

Call me silly buuuut. Did you check the voltage from the wall. It would not be the first time I have had customers with good power all of the sudden someone did something in the building power panel and messed things up. Just hoping it would be something easy for you.

nacaloc

Call me silly buuuut. Did you check the voltage from the wall. It would not be the first time I have had customers with good power all of the sudden someone did something in the building power panel and messed things up. Just hoping it would be something easy for you.

Hi, thank you that is the first thing I did and im getting 120-125 volts on each outlet. I believe its just the fan I re-seated the ram and I have a media error 81:01 and the manual says it could be the fan thats unplugged.