Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP l25500 ink not drying/new printheads

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by enes, Nov 1, 2018.

1. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    Hi guys
    I just installed 6 new printheads in my L25500 and all of a sudden the printer wont dry the ink on the Vinyl.
    Alignment test OK
    My heat and drying temperatures ,profiles are all the same that I always used and it worked just fine untill now , I even increased the curing temperature to 120 celsius instead of normal 110 , heat airflow is on max , so is the drying temperature ....
    Now I've just put in fresh oracal 3640g vinyl and downloaded a new profile for it ,i also tryed another hp vinyl profile on this vinyl .... again tried increasing everything but still prints smudgy .... blurry and wet .
    The printer shows no error messages .

What could be the problem ??????

See for yourself :
    [​IMG]

Tags:
  2. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    this may sound dumb but is your heater actually heating?

3. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    Should linearize the new heads.

4. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    I have no Idea how to test and know for sure , but standing arround the printer is HOT as always
    I¨m sure the heating is just fine , when I increased the curint temp to 120 deg.C , its a little better but still not completely dry

5. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    Is that done from the printer or the rip ... I'm using Onyx X10

6. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    Not sure if the 25500 has an onboard spectro, but you need both a spectro and software (your Onyx license may not have ICC enabled).

Of course, if you can get access to a spectro you could just make a few custom profiles for even better results.

Wet ink on a latex, if the heat and airflow is maxed, is simply too much ink for the number of passes. Higher pass count and inter pass delay will help if you can adjust those parameters.

I have received printheads for our latex printer that were drastically off from other heads requiring new profiles to get the machine back to spec. Could be simply that your new printheads are calibrated differently from the old ones. Linearize and profile to correct.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  7. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    I just found how its done ...
    Looks really complicated but I'll try
    Thank you very much for your help!
    The printer has the spectometer bulit in thank god for that
    Now do I need to do the linearisation for each profile or one will make it good for the rest... .. blueback , perforated oww,banner....

8. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    Profiling is a black art. The built in spectro is far from ideal but better than nothing.

9. Bruce Mello

Bruce Mello Many years in the Production Business

Sep 11, 2018
    Long Island, NY
    Problem looks temperature related.
    We measure temps with this device while printing:
    https://www.amazon.com/ANGGO-Non-co...900948&sr=8-15&keywords=temperature+gun+laser

10. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I bet your heater cores are going out. Have they ever been replaced?