• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 latex print fading

SignMeUpExpress

I've recently picked up a HP L25500 60" latex printer, and I'm having issues with the second print looks like it runs out of cyan. If I let the printer sit (off) overnight, the next day, it goes back to normal for the first print (or I should say, for the first few feet, I haven't printed much over a few feet long) then the next print, it acts like it's out of cyan.
I've replaced the printheads, the ink cartridges, flushed the ink line and air line,(in maintence mode) run ink system diagnostics, etc.. I can't think of anything else to do!
HELP!
DSC_0053.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG

spooledUP7

It's an interesting puzzle for sure. It looks just like a bad print head but if you are saying you have replaced both c/lc heads then that does point to an ink delivery problem.

The fact that your print head refills while cold makes me think there is a heat related issue such as a hose line kinking when hot, or fitting coming loose. Since you haven't mentioned any puddles of ink pouring out of your machine makes me think it is on the pressure side of cartridge. You can tell if your cartridge is pressurized by trying to remove the cartridge prematurely (don't do this while it's printing obviously) while the printer is awake and ready for a print. It will be difficult to pull it out when pressurized. If the cyan cartridge just pulls out then I think you have found your problem.

I would remove the end covers (starting with the ink cartridge side) and inspect the pressure lines, puncture needles, and solenoids which discharge and regulate ink cartridge pressure.
If its all normal then I would look at the feeder assembly on the print head side and make sure it isn't clogged, and that all delivery nipples are looking aligned and not pushed back or crooked.

Last, but probably the first thing is to clean the head carriage contact terminals for all heads. Hopefully you have the tool for that and the cleaning pads for the tool. If not then you may want to search for an alternative cleaning method since I don't think the provided cleaning pads are covered in alcohol and I am not sure if the contacts can support an alcohol cleaning.

It goes to show you how much has really changed between the HP Latex 2550/2650 and the 260. The 260 warns you when something isn't right where as my buddy with his 2650 tells me he never sees a thing until it's too late.

Rogar

Industrial discussion to improve my industry
I imagine your toner/dram need to clean. Sometimes I see my printer dram is affected by ink rabis and cause this problem. After cleaning the dram it is clear.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't think the DRAM can effect a hard dropout but you could always clear it and restart the printer. I forget the exact menu but its in the service menu of the machine and I believe HP calls it the EEPROM

SignMeUpExpress

I don't think the DRAM can effect a hard dropout but you could always clear it and restart the printer. I forget the exact menu but its in the service menu of the machine and I believe HP calls it the EEPROM
I'm not sure that's what he was talking about.. especially with the "toner/dram' comment.. although the printer doesn't have toner for ink, so I'm confused by the comment..

papabud

Lone Wolf
if you dont have any leaking lines i would look at your cables and see if one of them looks a little worn. could be losing signal to the one print head.