• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 vs Mimaki JV33

Edwin Mukiria

Hi,
I am looking at buying one of these two printers.
Currently leaning towards the Mimaki.
For anyone who has had the HP for a while, how well do the HP unlaminated prints on vinyl and flexi hold up to the sun? I am at the equator and I'm anxious about how well the prints will survive outdoors.
Thanks!
Edwin

artbot

i can't imagine having a printer that can't print on flat stock. hp's roll only.

but i recently saw on the triangle website that there no biosolvent ink has increased uv fade resistance over standard solvent inks (it's protein, try getting a petrified buy off of your car hood). it's backwards/forwards/no flush compatible with solvent ink. unlike the sepiax that screws up your heads no matter how clean you get them.

Vinylman

i can't imagine having a printer that can't print on flat stock. hp's roll only.

but i recently saw on the triangle website that there no biosolvent ink has increased uv fade resistance over standard solvent inks (it's protein, try getting a petrified buy off of your car hood). it's backwards/forwards/no flush compatible with solvent ink. unlike the sepiax that screws up your heads no matter how clean you get them.

Artbot;
Could you clarify what you stated here. I can't seem to understand whatyou are stating.
Thanks, Vinylman

MikePro

i think he means that their "NEW" biosolvent inks have increased uv fade resistance over solvent AND are "hotswappable" with solvent ink, not requiring heavy cleaning before switching between the two.
.... and that he needs some sleep :)