• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26 Magenta head shift

AKProbeGT

For some reason I keep getting random magenta shifts on my HP L26. Last time I got it I tried replacing both magenta heads as well as doing an alignment test. That didn't fix the issue. Wound up having to save the art in a whole new file, RIP it again and then reprint. Now I just had it happen again on a 80" wrap panel making the whole graphic look blurry. It's just magenta shifting. It would seem it's a file or RIP problem but I don't see how that's possible. Any ideas or suggestions? I've attached some pictures of what it just did.

Attachments

• 2017-12-07 13.47.50.jpg
    2017-12-07 13.47.50.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • 2017-12-07 13.49.00.jpg
    2017-12-07 13.49.00.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138

MikePro

issue with encoder strip/sensor, possibly?
otherwise, a failure in the scanning system may exist, causing incorrect values to be stored during alignment procedures.

AKProbeGT

It was just the magenta that was off. I tried to do a manual head alignment and lost about 10" of "teeth" on my belt. I ordered a new belt, replaced it and everything was back to good. I knew the belt was not in great shape and should have had one waiting but I guess it was just slipping at times causing my alignment issues.