• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 Error Code

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

Im hoping someone on here can point be in the right direction. I've searched high and low!

We have a L260 we are still running and usually runs like a beast. As of this morning its having some issues.

Yesterday we have the notification that the printhead cleaning kit needed to be replace and two inks were low.

The two inks were replaced them we got a error referring to a broken bag. We do get a error that says bag is C and have also had a purge cart K and C.

Following this is just says FAIL then errors again.

The main thing happening is that no matter the procedure we get to a 24:10

Anyone got any ideas that I can try?

Thank you!

Steenland

Old Member
We had this error several years ago with our HP 60" Designjet Z6100ps, which has a similar ink delivery system. Really frustrating, since we ended up having to replace the entire Ink Supply Tubes And Trailing Cable Assembly. After a lot of troubleshooting, we found the problem was with a circuit board, but we couldn't purchase the curcuit board separately, only the complete assembly. I was able to do the labor myself though. Have not had a similar problem since, and the printer is still running strong.

Andrew Signs

Thanks for the info!

I also tried to start the printer with no ink carts at all. My thinking was that is should load and request inks/show X?

it does the same thing which is error 24:10.

Does this help anyone add some information? Im pretty new on the Hp's...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So you didn't clearly say what you did. Did you perform the “Bag Broken Recovery” procedure from the diagnostic menu? You need to reset the broken bag status before it goes away.
Did you actually have a broken bag or not? If you did you need to clean everything really well. If there is any ink in the electric connector in can mess you up.
Lastly if the printer has marked a cartridge "broken" before you cleared the code you can't use that any more. You need a fresh new cartridge that has not been inside the printer.

Carlos Valencia

Hi All,

Im hoping someone on here can point be in the right direction. I've searched high and low!

We have a L260 we are still running and usually runs like a beast. As of this morning its having some issues.

Yesterday we have the notification that the printhead cleaning kit needed to be replace and two inks were low.

The two inks were replaced them we got a error referring to a broken bag. We do get a error that says bag is C and have also had a purge cart K and C.

Following this is just says FAIL then errors again.

The main thing happening is that no matter the procedure we get to a 24:10

Anyone got any ideas that I can try?

Thank you!
Hi, anything that you need on your L26500 concerning that 24:10 error feel free to contact us. Glad to help. We have all supplies, all parts, etc. Plus tech assistance. thx Wideimagesolutions

Andrew Signs

Thank you for the response! I think the confusion is coming from my lack of knowledge on this ones!

When we go to do the broken bag procedure this is when the error comes and won't let us go any further...so im confused as to how to clear it?

Should we replace the cart prior to do this or leave the broken one in there? How do we confirm the 'bag' is broken?

Andrew Signs

Im hoping someone can confirm this for me.

Put the printer into diagnostic mode
Repair a bag which starts the process.
No ink short
Bag broken recovery ERROR 26.3:10
Broken Bag on 3 (CYAN)

When we press any key it says magenta and black require purging.

What im confused with is I never get to the point were I can select the questions (YES/NO) mentioned in all of these write ups online so therefore cannot clean the broken bag issue?

Is there something I am missing???

Thank You!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Should we replace the cart prior to do this or leave the broken one in there? How do we confirm the 'bag' is broken?
Yeah first thing to do is take out the cartridge that the printer is saying is broken and never put that back in again.
Next you need to remove the cover around the ink station. Check behind that the cartridge connector looks clean and there is no ink in the air line. If there is ink you need to clean that out real good.
If all is good then you can go back to diagnostics.

When we press any key it says magenta and black require purging.
Your magenta and black is probably below a certain point so you need to change them to new full cartridges. Same thing with the cyan, take a new full cartridge and then proceed with resetting the broken bag status.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Attached document will help solving your problem. It's for Z6100 but I used it on L260 and worked fine.

Attachments

• DJZ6100 broken bag.pdf
    302.4 KB · Views: 255