• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 material shifting

bigben

For some reason, when I print with my HP L260 the roll is shifting slowly to the left when I'm in front of the printer (no matter the material). When I install the roll, everything if fine, but after 20ft, I could have a 1/8 to 1/4 shift to the left. I try to push it back during the print, but it does not always work. I can't figure what could be the problem.

Brad Gallant

Make sure the input spindle has the hubs secure. You may need to clean the spindle with alcohol to prevent slippage with the hubs. You may want to inspect all of your pinch rollers to make sure none are dirty, missing or damaged. Also inspect the drive roller under the pinch rollers to ensure it is clean. It is possible that the main drive roller has a dislodged bearing on the right side of the frame. Does it make any clunking noises when you reverse the media? If so, you may need some serious repairs.

bigben

Make sure the input spindle has the hubs secure. You may need to clean the spindle with alcohol to prevent slippage with the hubs. You may want to inspect all of your pinch rollers to make sure none are dirty, missing or damaged. Also inspect the drive roller under the pinch rollers to ensure it is clean. It is possible that the main drive roller has a dislodged bearing on the right side of the frame. Does it make any clunking noises when you reverse the media? If so, you may need some serious repairs.

Thanks. I will check all this up. And no, I don't have any suspicious noices when I reverse the media.

jrsc

We have this happen on ours also. The left hub never holds. Put a rubber band on the spindle against the hub to hold the hub and roll in place.