• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 connection issues

Pat Whatley

We have an HP L26500 that prints beautifully but has become a beast to keep connected to the RIP computer. Currently it will print a couple of jobs, then minutes later we'll send another job, the RIP queue will say the job is printing, but the little gauge that tells you what percentage is printed never even comes up.

To get it reconnected we have to turn off the router, disconnect the printer through the software, wait 15 seconds to turn the router back on, reconnect the printer through the software, and hope for the best. Sometimes it reconnects the first time, sometimes it takes several attempts.

We've replaced the cable from the computer to the router, replaced the router, replaced the cable from the router to the printer and the problem is just slowly getting worse.

Anyone have any suggestions?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
is the ip address static or dynamic? i had these issues and had to go static because another device was sharing and causing conflicts.

also, check your virus protection, i have had AVG gives me fits with production manager...

Morkel

We had similar problems from the start, and in the end the only way to make it satisfactory (it's still not perfect) is to connect the printer directly to the rip computer, not through a router. So to do that you have to get an additional network card, and as was mentioned above, manually assign the IP4 addresses. For example, we set the address of the network card on the rip as 192.168.2.100 and set the printer to 192.168.2.200. The first 3 numbers need to be identical, the last one needs to be different.