• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L26500-Encoder Strip Just Came Off

AKProbeGT

My endcoder strip just popped off my L26. I printed a number of jobs this afternoon but the printer was off and hadn't run for a couple hours. I was sitting beside it trying to knock out a couple design jobs before I left for the night when I heard a weird noise and saw something flopping behind the ink cartridges. I popped the hood and saw the encoder strip came off. Any idea if this is something I can fix myself or am I going to need to get a tech out here?

GB2

Old Member
It's a pretty easy fix, most likely it broke not just came off. Either way I would suggest you order the part from HP and with the guidance of a service manual you can replace it yourself.

AKProbeGT

It's a pretty easy fix, most likely it broke not just came off. Either way I would suggest you order the part from HP and with the guidance of a service manual you can replace it yourself.

Where can I find a service manual to try and see what I'm getting into? I pulled the cover off the control panel side but didn't dig any further than that because I didn't want to screw anything up. It looks like there maybe a thin bit of glue one the end of the encoder and that's where it came off but it's possible it just broke.

AKProbeGT

I found the service manual here and replacing this does seem pretty straightforward.

HP Designjet L26500 - Encoder Strip and Encoder Sensor - Page 131

I can see where the strip just came loose on the right hand side.
DWgJAM3.jpg
I'm tempted to just try and glue or tape it in place but I don't want to screw anything up worse doing that. I'm leaving town for almost a week on Thursday and I don't want my crew to be without a printer or trying to fix this themselves. I'm going to see if I can get the strip overnighted on Monday from HP unless anyone else has a recommended vendor.