• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 head strike

yamaha581

Would anyone know what is causing us to be getting head strikes on our prints lately. We usually print on a 30" material which we have no problems with. The only problems happen when we print on the 54" materials. We are using all the correct profiles we have always used but now for some reason we are having this problem. it only happens in the middle of the 54" roll and usually happens about 2-3" into the print.

cmhaynes6

Super Psychedelic Mojo Master
Start simple. I would check your pinch rollers in that area just to be safe, also make sure you are getting vacuum in that area and there is no dried ink or something blocking it. If that is good you might look at your profile. While it works well on the 30" you are running a larger width and that machine does have heat & cure. The temp from the heat bar may not be affect the print quality but it may be affect a media that wide (may not be visible on 30" with edge holders). You can change the heat settings on the fly to see if you can produce a different result.

Asuma01

I would say you are getting less suction in the vacuum platen. Look for clogs or maybe a fan that has stopped working. If both of those check out try turning up your vacuum setting.

Carlos Valencia

Would anyone know what is causing us to be getting head strikes on our prints lately. We usually print on a 30" material which we have no problems with. The only problems happen when we print on the 54" materials. We are using all the correct profiles we have always used but now for some reason we are having this problem. it only happens in the middle of the 54" roll and usually happens about 2-3" into the print.

Good morning, Check out the vacuum holes underneath your media. Also check the quality of your vinyl. Moisture level etc...
This could be your issue. Thx Plottermaster

Morkel

I would say you are getting less suction in the vacuum platen. Look for clogs or maybe a fan that has stopped working. If both of those check out try turning up your vacuum setting.

This. Especially as you mention that there are issues when you switch to a wider media. There is a small amount of vapourised ink that mists around the printhead when printing. You can't see it and it doesn't appear on your prints, but over time it adds up and clogs the vacuum holes, particularly either side of where your normal media is. Grab a paperclip and bend one end out to make a point, and poke it in to the vacuum holes to clear them out.