• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 L260 power on problems

chuppy

Hello,
I am having problems turning on my HP L26500 printer. After switching the power switch on at the back, it would momentarily appear like it would turn on but then it shuts off immediately. The amber light is on at this time. I go to the front panel and try to power on the printer with the power button. It does the same thing, the display momentarily turns on for a split second, then the machine completely shuts off but an amber light appears in the back panel near the power switch. Previously the machine has been turning on but keeps running into a 79.04 error after being powered on for a few minutes.

I have tried all the suggestions offered in the service manual for troubleshooting power problems but I am stuck at this point. I am hoping I can figure out what hardware issue this is so I can replace that assembly.

thank you,
James

Pitzu

Hello Chuppy,

You might have a problem with the power switch from the back (poor internal contacts). When you switch the power on, it makes contact for a short period of time, enough to charge the internal capacitors from the power supply. When you try to power on from the display pannel, the internal capacitors (being charged) will power on the printer for a second...till they are fully discharged.
You should try changing the back power switch.
Another problem could be a corrupted hard drive since the HDD contains the firmware of the printer.
The firmware controls the powering on and initialization of the printer.

79:04 Error On L26500
Error Code - HP L26500

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

chuppy

Hello Chuppy,

You might have a problem with the power switch from the back (poor internal contacts). When you switch the power on, it makes contact for a short period of time, enough to charge the internal capacitors from the power supply. When you try to power on from the display pannel, the internal capacitors (being charged) will power on the printer for a second...till they are fully discharged.
You should try changing the back power switch.
Another problem could be a corrupted hard drive since the HDD contains the firmware of the printer.
The firmware controls the powering on and initialization of the printer.

79:04 Error On L26500
Error Code - HP L26500

Hope it helps.

Hi Pitzu,

Thanks so much for this much needed direction. I am currently getting the parts needs to replace those items you mentioned like the power switch and HDD. I changed the ISS board previously because it was giving those errors previously before the machine failed to power on properly. As I suspected and you just mentioned, the HDD may be the culprit for those bothersome 79:04 errors. I know that you have to replace either the ISS board or HDD independently but not at the same time. Now I will look into replacing the HDD now. I will keep you updated how all these repairs work out.

Thank you!

chuppy

fyi, since 2011, we have never turned ours off, unless to clear an error. Always leave it on.
Hi richsweeny,

I am noting that. I think I should be leaving the machine on continuously after I get these power issues resolved. I think that will prevent a lot of these problems happening in the first place. Just have to set up our UPS system since we have frequent power outages in our area, about once every couple of months.

Thank you,
Chuppy

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Last time I had the ambe rlight on our 25500, it was a PSU that was no good. Replaced it, and it was fine for the next 6 months till a new error appeared.