• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 leaking cyan ink

Hi, has anyone come across this issue? (see attached photo) The cyan ink is spraying onto the back of the inside of the machine. No error messages or print quality issues, printer is about 2 years old...

thanks in advance

Dennis
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,160
Based on where the ink is leaking, I would look at the coupling between the ink line and the carriage. I would also say that it is probably a good idea to get HP service involved (800) 334-5144, based on the amount of ink that is leaking. The ink train is pressurized so any small leak will result in a significant amount of ink that escapes.

The fact that the printer is not reporting an error in the IPS means that the leak is small, but obviously a fair amount of ink is escaping. Liquid ink coming into physical contact with electronics tend to be a poor mix.

How long have you been running it like this? It looks to me like you have the problem I have been envisioning since I started using latex. The lines closest to the carriage move a lot back and forth with the carriage. The L26500 has two heaters so the main print area is always heated but the inks are not heated. So the cool ink in the middle of a line that is always moving and is always hot on the outside will crack eventually. I believe around the area where the ink line bends to come into the carriage is where I would check. Turn the machine off. Pull the tray out. Then open window and slide the carriage into the print area and take a look.

Since you might be out of warranty. Send me an email eholt05@gmail.com and I will send you the technician manual, that the HP techs read to service the machine. I believe technically it is a 255000 tech manual. But a lot of the stuff is the same on your machine.

Actually, I'm not sure how long it's been leaking, really don't need to open the front panel to often. I've got a tech. coming to look at it today. I'll keep you all posted.

zillion29

So what ended up happening? Ours just started doing this on Monday - same cyan waterfall on the back of the carriage . . .

greysquirrel

I AM ASSUMING THIS MAY BE THE ORIGINAL INK LINE ASSEMBLY...OVERTIME TUBE CONDENSE IN SIZE AND VOILA... OR SOMEONE REMOVED A CARTRIDGE WITHOUT GOING THROUGH CONTROL PANEL FIRST...ITS PRESSURIZED....