• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L26500 lost Ink cartridges

Elray

Need some help to solve a problem, my L 26500 was printing swatches finished one then stopped showing an error of the first three ink cartridges missing (M,Y,B). Tried rebooting etc. and reinstalling the cartridges but it won't acknowledge them. They are all more than 75% full. Any ideas as to why 3 cartridges suddenly got "lost" by the printer? Anybody else had this problem. Any help or pointers gladly accepted

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Had this problem many times with ink carts and printheads as well.
The important thing to check is, does the printer accept and recognize new carts ?

AF

Clean the terminals on both the cartridges and the printer. Also make sure the spring loaded catch on the cartridge slider is moving freely.

I have seen where a slightly poor electrical connection will smoke the chip on the cartridge. If you can get a known-good cartridge to work, fiddle with the faulty one to see if it comes back. Pencil eraser and contact cleaner can make a difference. Lubing the slider and catch sometimes helps.

Carlos Valencia

Need some help to solve a problem, my L 26500 was printing swatches finished one then stopped showing an error of the first three ink cartridges missing (M,Y,B). Tried rebooting etc. and reinstalling the cartridges but it won't acknowledge them. They are all more than 75% full. Any ideas as to why 3 cartridges suddenly got "lost" by the printer? Anybody else had this problem. Any help or pointers gladly accepted

Hi, we know everything about those units. We have about about a dozen of them for sale now. Plus all parts and supplies. Your issue could be a few things...dirty contacts in the back where the inks go into, ink in the airlines but that usually gives you a code, air in the ink lines, etc...contact us and we can get you the parts and instructions on how to repair that unit. thx wideimagesolutionscom

dansmith

I had this a while back where multiple cartridges weren't being recognised although they were all new. When the left hand side of the casing was removed it turned out that where the airlines connected to the cartridges it was loose hence the correct air pressure wasn't being logged, would suggest you check there.

Carlos Valencia

Hi, the issue could be the sensor boards behind the inks in the printer. It could also be ink in the air lines. It could also be dirty contacts.

Last edited by a moderator: