• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 + Onyx RIP - Prints start too close to cut edge

MikeyG

Hi there!
Is there a way to automatically add extra media to the beginning of a print?

I'm printing 100mic monomeric vinyl for contour cutting to be used in exhibition stands etc.
For the media to be gripped correctly in the cutter, I need about 10cm extra at the start and end of each print.
Whenever I set a print to run on the L26500, I have to remember to manually feed the media on enough so that the print doesn't start only a couple of centimetres from the cut edge.
When I'm busy, I almost always forget (curse this age-thing!)!!

There is plenty of spare media at the end of the print - the form, feed & cut moves the media on perfectly.

I just need an automatic feed-through at the start!

Any ideas?
I'm using Onyx 11 RIP with the HP L26500 - I guess the answer may be in there somewhere...?

Thanks!

Ditchmiester

In the printer settings in the rip you can set the front edge feed. Or it can be set from the printer front panel but I'm not in front if mine right now and can't remember where if is for that setting.

CES020

In the printer settings in the rip you can set the front edge feed.

If you find that, please post it. Only thing I have ever seen is the tail end, not the leading edge.

My work around is just dragging it down in the layout tool, where it's a couple inches from the top of the page. Then it'll leave a couple inches at the top, and whatever setting you have for the bottom.

Ditchmiester

This is how I change the setting.

Attachments

• Onyx Lead Edge Setting.jpg
    Onyx Lead Edge Setting.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 62

CES020

You're right, it's at the top, it's the bottom I can't find the place to control that, so it cuts off about 1/2" from the bottom. Is there anywhere to change that, that you know of?

Ditchmiester

On the printer menu. Go To Media Setting > Substrate Handling Options > Extra Bottom Margin

From there you have a list of options you can select. Hope this is what you are looking for.