• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500

KMC

Graphic Artist
Hey Hive-Mind
we have 2x HP L26500 printers and one of them has decided not to play nice and is constantly giving up head rub in the center of the media (and it doesn't matter what media we put in the damn thing its still doing it)

we have tried the following:
  • clean all the print heads
  • print head alignment
  • changing media
  • pushing the media foward more so give the start more of a trailer past the heater
  • cleaned all the rollers and checked to see if anything is stuck (nothing was)
  • changed the vacuum and heat temp on the rip program

anyone else have any ideas or have had this same issue?

and yes i know we will need to replace them as they will be discontinuing the parts and ink for them, but we are hoping to get a little bit more of work out of these baby's yet

Cheers TIA

Have you cleared all the vacuum holes? The maintenance kit that comes with it (the one with the oil & printhead connection swabs & such) should have center punch that fits in the holes along the platen. Supposed to jam it in each of the holes periodically to clear out the dried up ink/dust/whatever.

KMC

Graphic Artist
Is one of the carriage rails bent? Is it possible that the carriage is actually moving lower as it travels?
just checked not bent
Have you cleared all the vacuum holes? The maintenance kit that comes with it (the one with the oil & printhead connection swabs & such) should have center punch that fits in the holes along the platen. Supposed to jam it in each of the holes periodically to clear out the dried up ink/dust/whatever.
will check that now thanks