• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp L28500 Error 58:10

signman315

Signmaker
Hello all :)

I'm getting an error 58:10 on my L28500. The error is accompanied by a message stating "The printer's color sensor is not working well. Color reading operations may fail."

Anybody know how to address this without calling in an HP tech? Perhaps something needs to be cleaned? I'm not even sure where the color sensor is located, on the carriage I assume. Any help or tips is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Ragnabrok

the 10 suffix usually means replace, so at least the printer thinks the spectrometer is broken. the spectrometer has a cover that mechanically opens and closes, i saw one that got broken off, and it triggers this error. If you don't use the spectrometer (when making or adjusting your own profiles) then it doesn't matter anyway.

signman315

Signmaker
Thanks Ragnabrok....it's the older version (L28500) of the printer and it doesn't automatically build profiles for you like the newer models (360, 370, 560, 570, etc). So I'm not sure what the spectrometer is used for other than automatically aligning the heads. Do you know if it does any color management "on the fly"? For example we have an FB950 and it will take readings during print runs and replace any jets that might be dropping out throughout the run. So I wonder if the L28500 does the same thing? I did have trouble with a 30' continuous print where at the last 2' it color shifted, but I've heard this might be related to the extended period of heat on the heads. Would love to get opinions if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks!!!