• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L330 DNS settings

Dennis422

Looking to fix an issue with my HP L330 not connecting to the internet.
It seems that DNS settings were messed up. I am able to send stuff to be printed, network connection is OK. Only issue is that I can not connect to the internet do download profiles and firmware update.

Anyone had or has the same issue?

Thanks

Last edited:

Creighton

Looking to fix an issue with my HP L330 not connecting to the internet.
It seems that DND settings were messed up. I am able to send stuff to be printed, network connection is OK. Only issue is that I can not connect to the internet do download profiles and firmware update.

Anyone had or has the same issue?

Thanks

You have it receiving a DHCP address from your router so the DNS populates automatically, or did you manually assign an IP?

FrankW

Set the Printer to DHCP for a moment. The printer will poll the correct data. Set it back to Manual, the printer will remember the polled data. Set the right manual IP-Adress again.

dypinc

Since your not connecting your printer directly to the internet your DNS server setting in the printer should be your Routers address. Let your Router handle outside DNS server addresses.

Dennis422

Hi everyone. Thanks for replies.
I tries 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 combo, tried 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 combo, got the router numbers, reset to factory......
Nothing worked.
Will have to try something else.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi everyone. Thanks for replies.
I tries 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 combo, tried 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 combo, got the router numbers, reset to factory......
Nothing worked.
Will have to try something else.

I doubt it's the DNS settings. Usually when you don't input DNS settings it just defaults to the router's default DNS. Are you able to print to the printer? If not, I would say you have a general network issue.

bannertime

If you can print, in a pinch you can send profiles to the printer from your browser and some RIPs.

What's your network setup like? What's the setup between the computer, router, and L330?

Dennis422

Yes, I can print.
I have my printer connected to the router, and router to the internet and a computer.
It is printing fine but for some reason it will not connect to the internet.

Joe House

I've had problems setting up the printer if the clock is not set to the correct time. Check your date and time settings.

AF

Restart the router, restart the printer, disconnect allmother hardware, double check settings and test. Make sure cables are the correct type and connected to the correct ports.