• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L360 Startup

Blaster

Adam B.
So we bought our first printer. It was a repo, last job printed in the log was Jan this year. Just bought new heads and ink. Anything special I should look into before firing it up. I know the risk w used gear but got it for a very reasonable price.

dale911

President
If it was only sitting since January, there is a good chance the heads and ink were still good. Latex can sit for months on end and have no issues. Don't worry about firing it up. When you do a test plot, you will know if there are any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster

Adam B.
If it was only sitting since January, there is a good chance the heads and ink were still good. Latex can sit for months on end and have no issues. Don't worry about firing it up. When you do a test plot, you will know if there are any issues

Well there were no heads in it. It had a piece of vinyl hanging out of it. So I guessi whosever it was grabbed the heads it was taken. I never saw it print so risky I know. Only error in the log other than the standard ones I read about on here was cyan ink level sensor.

Last edited:

dale911

President
Well if you got new ink and heads, fire it up and see if she prints. As long as he carriage moves smoothly. The worst that will happen is that it goes into an error while booting/initializing and you can start hunting down what the problem is. If she boots up fine, go into the menus and find the option to print calibration plots and/or logs and see what happens.

Blaster

Adam B.
Well if you got new ink and heads, fire it up and see if she prints. As long as he carriage moves smoothly. The worst that will happen is that it goes into an error while booting/initializing and you can start hunting down what the problem is. If she boots up fine, go into the menus and find the option to print calibration plots and/or logs and see what happens.

It does boot fine. Goes all the way thru. Just shows heads missing. Will load it up tonight

dale911

President
If I had bought that printer as a good deal, I would be very antsy to fire it up and figure out what I had. I love a good deal and I love them even more when I get a stellar deal on something I gambled on.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Hopefully you don't have a machine like ours... Our Ink Sensors go out every couple of months, HP is fixing it for us and Friday they installed a All New ISS and Formater Board and now it wont boot at all. Oh well a new tech comes tuesday to see what happened.

Blaster

Adam B.
If I had bought that printer as a good deal, I would be very antsy to fire it up and figure out what I had. I love a good deal and I love them even more when I get a stellar deal on something I gambled on.

Oh I am believe me. I'm away on biz this week and the heads and ink were just delivered. First thing I do when I get back. It was a gamble for sure but I basically bought it for what the guy owed the bank. They had 4 printers. 2 370s and 2 360s.

dale911

President
Oh I am believe me. I'm away on biz this week and the heads and ink were just delivered. First thing I do when I get back. It was a gamble for sure but I basically bought it for what the guy owed the bank. They had 4 printers. 2 370s and 2 360s.

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

Blaster

Adam B.
Hopefully you don't have a machine like ours... Our Ink Sensors go out every couple of months, HP is fixing it for us and Friday they installed a All New ISS and Formater Board and now it wont boot at all. Oh well a new tech comes tuesday to see what happened.
Let's hope not. I only saw the one error in the log.

Blaster

Adam B.
So after some cleaning and a couple of parts were up and running and seems to be printing great. Another plus was we discovered there was still warranty coverage on the machine. Thank you again to those that chimed in w advice on this. Next, keeping color between the monitors and printer consistent? I'm going to purchase the X Rite I1 Display pro. Any suggestions appreciated on how to manage.

Attachments

• PAW Labels.jpg
    PAW Labels.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 202

Blaster

Adam B.
Glad the took care of you. I've been a long time HP Fan. I have a HP Z workstation as well as a Z Book I use on the road. I have contracts on them both and HP has never let me down when I have an issue. As far as the printer, the tech was there the next business day.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i been using my hp 360 for about 2 ish years. it has never let me down. it runs like a champ. i have never had any major issues with it and color is still the same as the day i first fired it up. yes i do have color samples from then that i compare to.
only time i had an issue is when i went on vacation and my boss tried running it..

Christian @ 2CT Media

Here's a question. Is it better to leave printer on in sleep or shut it down at night?
We leave ours on all the time. We have our sleep timer set to 30mins and on busy weeks change it to 2 hours.

Of course media crashes happen with higher production so the machines restart a lot.

papabud

Lone Wolf
my machine goes to sleep i never shut it down. its set at like 30 minutes also. but takes less than 5 to wake it. so you push the button and prep the job while it runs through its start up. best time to enjoy that morning coffee