• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L560 Not Dying on Window Perf

Gkgrafx

Hello All,

I have an HP L560 latex machine and I am having trouble with the curing in small spots on the Econovue 70/30 Window Perf. It looks like it is happening more on darker areas. So i adjusted the ink density from printing at 100% to 80% and have also tried raising the temp as well but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or has anyone had any successful fixes?

Thank you

ikarasu

have you tried changing the interpass delay so it sits in the heat longer? You can do that via adjustments after you've started printing.

papabud

Lone Wolf
with latex printers it needs to cook the ink. if it doesnt get cooked. it will never dry.
but the bigger question. is there something on the perf not allowing the ink to stick
the ink wont stick to the release liner so it will always wipe off those areas.

Gkgrafx

have you tried changing the interpass delay so it sits in the heat longer? You can do that via adjustments after you've started printing.

No I have not that is a good one. I am going to try it an let you know how it goes.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Have you tried the perf from Bigfish? Lol, oh wait. I have a profile that might help it run better, but in the future I can provide you with a better product at a better price point also.

ikarasu

what do you have your interpass delay set at?
Mines at default. But we use a perf that's specifically for latex, so it might make a difference.

You can change it during printing... I'd suggest experimenting. Really saturated prints will likelly need a higher one... Just keep randomly touching and turning it up if it's not dry. Good news is once you find the best delay / temp, you can set it up to always use it and not have to worry again!

I've never heard of econovue... But I'm sure bigfish media isn't much more expensive, if it is expensive at all. Sometimes it's worth it to pay a bit more, between media waste and time spent... The extra $50-100 a roll is nothing.