• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 115 Print and Cut Solution

zstekovic

Hello everyone.

Does anybody know what's the difference between cutter in HP Latex 115 Print and Cut Solution and HP Latex 315 Print and Cut Solution?
Did HP change anything or just clarify specs?

I noticed this:
HP Latex 115 Print and Cut Solution
Cut speed
Up to 84 cm/sec (33 in/sec) diagonal (113 cm/sec (44 in/sec) for media narrower than 737 mm (29 in))
Acceleration
Up to 0.9 G diagonal (3 G for media narrower than 737 mm/29 in)

But the one in HP Latex 315 Print and Cut Solution it say:
Cut speed
Up to 113 cm/sec (44 in/sec) diagonal
Acceleration
Up to 3 G diagonal

Thanks.

ikarasu

115 and 315 are different printer. Afaik, the cutter is the same.

The difference is the 115 takes 400 ml carts, and the 315 takes bigger carts. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the speed on both is the exact same.

The 110 is the exact same printer as the 310, just different firmware is installed to allow for the bigger ink cart - unless HP changed it, the 115/315 should be the same.

zstekovic

Thank you for your answer.
I know about difference in printers, I was just interested if there is difference in cutter specs.

115 and 315 are different printer. Afaik, the cutter is the same.

The difference is the 115 takes 400 ml carts, and the 315 takes bigger carts. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the speed on both is the exact same.

The 110 is the exact same printer as the 310, just different firmware is installed to allow for the bigger ink cart - unless HP changed it, the 115/315 should be the same.

visualeyez

I run a latex 110 and for a while made it work with my existing Roland VersaCamm pro 30" cutter.
I would create a 30" x 52" print file with reg marks from an Illustrator plugin, then laminate and rotate the sheet 90" to fit the smaller cutter. Cut speed is not a big deal, you can usually cut faster than you can print and weed.

zstekovic

OK... I find out that cutters are not the same... it have 1 less Pinch Roller.
So tracking is off, and suck when you try to do bunch of small stickers :)
Now I want to make it right and add that pinch roller back. Anybody knows is that possible?
It does not need to be "registered", just need to hold material down better.

FrankW

The difference is not only 3 instead of 4 pinch rollers. There is a difference in the grit rollers too. The Latex 54 Cutter coming with the 315 have one wide grit roller, so it is possible to arrange the pinch rollers for nearly every media width. The Latex 54 BASIC Cutter have small grit rollers only, so it supports some (nine as far as I remember) different media sizes, but no intermediate widths. You could check the difference between the Summa Models SummaCut D140R and D140FX.

No possibility to add an additional pinch roller.

In opposite to the 310, the 315 is equipped with the OMAS Media Feed Sensor. Thats an additional difference between 315 und 115 (who doesn‘t have the OMAS).