• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex 25500 smearing prints while printing??

jrnyc789

Just started using this printer trying to get it all set up and im getting this...Looks like the heads are hitting the print as they are moving by any ideas using orajet 3165 media
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_2772.jpg
    IMG_2772.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 466
It is difficult to say whether or not you are seeing head strikes on the media when printing this internal calibration plot. Those plots are used to calibrate printheads etc, but are not intended for users to base qualitative decisions on. On the L2 machines, it is difficult to see the media in the print zone due to the presence of the dryer assembly in the way.

Run a nozzle test to assess printhead performance (from the front panel: Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean PH > Test Print), or run a simple test print from the RIP and assess from those. If you are encountering head strikes at the beginning of the print, bring down the curing temp in your RIP by about 10 deg f and re-test.

Another thing to try would be to enable Extra PH Cleanings. This is turned on/ off via the front panel on the L25.

jrnyc789

Thanks for the reply i actually was able to get a nice print out of a file i had the only thing i wasn't to crazy about was the black looked a little chalky if that makes any sense its on a gloss vinyl im used to getting more shine to get this print i lowered the dry temp and the cure temp and that seemed to work I was just using the profiles in Flexi cloud guess the temp was a little high? im going to be running more test. idk if you are familiar with flexi but most of the profiles are 600X600 when i change the resolution i get the yellow warning symbol is that ok? im tempted to try it but don't want to ruin anything my last printer was a mutoh eco solvent for some reason that one kinda just worked for me right out of the box and i wasnt able to change the resolution it was locked guess im in for some long night to get used to this new printer and get the quality im looking for.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Honestly it looks like you have something on the print carriage draging across the prints... It's pretty common for lint and paper to build up.

If your black is looking splotchy ita pretty common to happen mostly on glossy surfaces due to plasticizer migrating to the surface. Try wiping down the media with alcohol before printing to see if it solves your issues.

Dennis422

If you had a head strike you still have a small piece of something stuck on the bottom of the printheads.
I had the same issue few months ago.