• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp latex 3000?

TheFreshPrints

I was involved with a few demo units.

Overall a very good machine. High print quality, runs very true (no need to babysit the thing).

One thing to consider is whether or not you're running enough volume to make the machine profitable. For the initial setup you have ~6 linear feet of material waste. For pricier medias and shorter runs that becomes very cost prohibitive. This machine is best used for long run solid production.

A temperature controlled environment is a must with the 3000 as it is very sensitive to its environment and curing issues can crop up in a hurry.

Most of the machine is electronically controlled so small problems can become a very big headache if they are not diagnosed quickly. That coupled with a still growing and constantly updating firmware make for some production delays you need to be prepared to work around.

Support can be hit or miss, although it seems they're improving.

My overall opinion: A very powerful tool if you're running a large volume operation. As a sole production device it may be a bit of overkill.

Just my .02c

nate

We are looking at pulling the trigger on the new 3000 anyone on here have one? Pros and cons?

We went to Spain for the product launch, and were one of the first to get this machine here in the US. I can't say enough good about it. It's not just an upgrade to the LX-800/850 machines, it's a total redesign. Well worth the investment.

nate

I was involved with a few demo units.

A temperature controlled environment is a must with the 3000 as it is very sensitive to its environment and curing issues can crop up in a hurry.

This is not necessarily correct. It was a much bigger deal on the 800/850, but the 3000 isn't as susceptible to temperature, because it is using a completely different way to dry and cure the prints. The heat is much more localized, and the machine is directly measuring the heat of the units, not the ambient temperature of the media like on the 800/850.

XL-Color Corp

HP Latex 3000

We own the 3000 and absolutely love it! We have the LX600 as well and must say the speed and quality of the 3000 blows the 600 out of the water, its nearly 4 times faster and with the Optimizer /Primer the adhesion is twice as good. We had a few head issues at first and have replaced 4 heads not the machine since November but short of that its been a great machine. We really hope they come out with the Mesh Kit for it soon, they were going to have one for us by Jan 2014 but its been delayed (of course HP).

Hope this helps.

JT
XL-Color