• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 310 Barcode Printing through Onyx

Ell_Pica

We are currently in the process if printing 85x 50mtr rolls on our HP Latex 310 using ONYX. The jobs are print and cut so we are printing the barcode's and then cutting on a Summa.

My issue is that as I am sending multiple copies through at a time I have selected the "print jobs individually" option and all is working well expect that after every copy the machine is drying the job before proceeding onto the next job (& barcode) This is so making the print time to complete a full roll very long. Can anyone tell me how to get the machine to print the copies continuously without drying inbetween??

To confirm, I am print each copy with a separate barcode already as this is needed as each cut job in 1.5mts long.

Please help and thanks in advance!

Ell

FrankW

Depending on the firmware-version of your printer and the onyx version (it will work with 12, not shure about 11), you can select an option named "continuous printing" in the media options. Then it will print continuously without drying pauses.

Ell_Pica

Cheers FrankW. Im currently running Version 12.0.5.6302 but I can not see the "continuous printing" option in the media options? Is there an update I should be doing?
Again thanks again in advance for any help you can give.

Ell_Pica

Depending on the firmware-version of your printer and the onyx version (it will work with 12, not shure about 11), you can select an option named "continuous printing" in the media options. Then it will print continuously without drying pauses.

Cheers FrankW. Im currently running Version 12.0.5.6302 but I can not see the "continuous printing" option in the media options? Is there an update I should be doing?
Again thanks again in advance for any help you can give.

FrankW

See attached screendump. But this is 12.2, could be that this option is not available in 12.0.x

Attachments

• continuous_printing.png
    continuous_printing.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 298

Ell_Pica

See attached screendump. But this is 12.2, could be that this option is not available in 12.0.x

Thanks again FrankW. It turns out this option is not available on version 12. I will check Onyx to see if there is a software update. Thanks again for the help with this matter..I was praying that option was available then :(

FrankW

Unfortunately, the updates within version 12 are not free. All service packs for version 12.0 are free, but as soon as wanting to get version 12.1 or higher, you need to pay for an onyx advantage update pack for at minimum one year.

Unfortunately too that the current version is 18, so 12 is a „previous“ version, what makes an initial advantage contract mich more costly than one for an upgrade from xx.0 to xx.1.