• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 310 Major Issues

SCDesign

I apologize if this isn't the ideal forum for this topic. We are having major issues with our Latex 310. The left side of the heating element is not getting up to temp and our prints are coming out still wet on that side. It's also revving up and running VERY loudly and high-pitched, although all the fans seem to be running fine. I also noticed a faint burning plastic smell from the front left side of the printer.

We are out of warranty, and it's an older machine, so we're hoping to fix it ourselves as HP support has been very costly for us in the past. Is there anyone here who can help me diagnose this to try to figure out which parts we should look into replacing?

I contacted HP Support to try to diagnose this, but they won't talk about it at all unless we purchase a new warranty...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So you need to remove the plastics from the left and right side of the heater. Then remove the cover (4), it has just the screws on top and two on the sides. You have to remove the top piece as well (1).
Then check all the heaters (3) if you see any issues and cabling as well. You can also swap the heaters around but mark them first because they are basically calibrated to that position.
The heaters have 6 screws if I remember correctly. That piece of metal shielding needs to come out as well.
Try to find out which fan is going hay, is it one of the heaters (3) or one on the front? Probably one of the heaters is coming to it's end of life and barely going on without error code.

You need to tell me your serial number to see the correct part number. Parts I think you can even order straight from HP.

Screenshot 2021-03-15 191416.png

TomK

I apologize if this isn't the ideal forum for this topic. We are having major issues with our Latex 310. The left side of the heating element is not getting up to temp and our prints are coming out still wet on that side. It's also revving up and running VERY loudly and high-pitched, although all the fans seem to be running fine. I also noticed a faint burning plastic smell from the front left side of the printer.

We are out of warranty, and it's an older machine, so we're hoping to fix it ourselves as HP support has been very costly for us in the past. Is there anyone here who can help me diagnose this to try to figure out which parts we should look into replacing?

I contacted HP Support to try to diagnose this, but they won't talk about it at all unless we purchase a new warranty...

Exact same issue on my 310, works 50% of the time and heats just fine, the other 50% of the time it throws an error mid print about the heater not working and aborts and wants to be rebooted. Someone quoted me like $4k to come and fix it, just not worth it. I'm gonna run it into the ground and then toss it in the trash, my new UCJV300 is a joy to work with so far compared to dealing with HP, I just hope the longevity of the Mimaki is better then the HP.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Exact same issue on my 310, works 50% of the time and heats just fine, the other 50% of the time it throws an error mid print about the heater not working and aborts and wants to be rebooted. Someone quoted me like $4k to come and fix it, just not worth it. I'm gonna run it into the ground and then toss it in the trash, my new UCJV300 is a joy to work with so far compared to dealing with HP, I just hope the longevity of the Mimaki is better then the HP.
What's the error code?

TomK

What's the error code?

Error code - 16.11:10
Internal code - 285220867
Firmware - NEXUS_01_16_00.8
Code Line - HeaterControllerNexusCuring.cpp:2533

Also error code - 79:04 / HeaterModuleNexusStateMachine.cpp:1489 and CdsAtlas.cpp:804

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Error code - 16.11:10
Internal code - 285220867
Firmware - NEXUS_01_16_00.8
Code Line - HeaterControllerNexusCuring.cpp:2533

Also error code - 79:04 / HeaterModuleNexusStateMachine.cpp:1489 and CdsAtlas.cpp:804
You could do the same as what I already said. This code points to the most right side (front panel side) heater temperature sensor. That temp sensor is embedded in the heater.
I would check the cables that it's all good and properly connected and then swap the two heaters on the right.
If the temp sensor is faulty your code should change to 16.12:10.
I don't remember exactly but that heater is something like $300 so not too bad? Pretty sure the heater just needs replacing.

Tessellate

Swap your heater with a new one. Common issue with the 310. It’s a very easy fix and certainly well within basic capabilities with no special tools or post calibration required.
Part should be in the $300 range. Save the extra cash and treat your employees to a nice lunch on Friday.