• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 310 not recognizing inks

I came in this morning and woke the printer up, and it was showing no inks were inserted (all of them were). I tried a restart, and also removing and reinserting all of the inks. It’s still showing no inks are inserted. Any ideas?

flyplainsdrifta

have you tried putting a new ink in to see if it is chip related or not? that'd most likely be the first thing id try. if a no go after a restart, id get on the phone with hp. because one cart malfunctioning seems like something that realistically could happen. but all of them like that may be indicative of a much bigger issue that you'd want hp to tackle.

have you tried putting a new ink in to see if it is chip related or not? that'd most likely be the first thing id try. if a no go after a restart, id get on the phone with hp. because one cart malfunctioning seems like something that realistically could happen. but all of them like that may be indicative of a much bigger issue that you'd want hp to tackle.

A new cartridge didn’t make a difference. Also ran through all the diagnostics with HP on the phone, the only thing that showed up was under the ink level sensor check. It showed “Supply 1 ink level sensor not working properly” and “Diagnostic result: FAIL, Error: 79:04”. HP said they couldn’t narrow it down and would need to send a technician out in 3-4 days for a small charge of $1,500

Dan360

That's a generic error, hard to get much info from it. Ink sensor issues seem pretty common on these printers, we had to replace 2 on our 360. Though if all of them are doing it out of nowhere, then I would think it's something to do with the circuit board or possible connector issues. You could try reinstalling your firmware, but I've never had luck doing that when I was getting the error code.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
had this happen in my l25500, plastic piece in back of the cartridge holder broke, probably from inserting carts a bit too hard. this threw off the sensor, i rigged it back together with a piece of steel shaped in a large C, glued and taped it in place and it lasted till i ditched the printer.

take the cover off and see what it look like in there, might be similar or something might jump out at you.

had this happen in my l25500, plastic piece in back of the cartridge holder broke, probably from inserting carts a bit too hard. this threw off the sensor, i rigged it back together with a piece of steel shaped in a large C, glued and taped it in place and it lasted till i ditched the printer.

take the cover off and see what it look like in there, might be similar or something might jump out at you.

I was hoping that’s what the issue was, I had the same issue with my 25500! But nope, all little plastic pieces are intact haha. Nothing looks out of place, so I’m leaning towards the ISS boards being bad.

ewerk

I might be a bit late in replying but we had the same problem with our 360. Turned out the internal clock had reset itself by a number of years. You can correct it through the embedded web server. It sorted our problem.