• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP latex 315 not drying ink

depps74

Need help here, new to HP printing......

My HP 315 is not drying patches of ink in my prints. I tried turning up the heat up its already all the way up to its max setting. I am printing on 3 mil adhesive AVery 9223. black and white prints large scale about 13' x 22'

Also By mistake yesterday I unloaded the roll but some of the ink was not cured, so the uncured ink went backwards through the machine. wondering if this is gonna cause problems?

Sign.ed

As far as the ink getting on the rollers, shouldn't be too much of an issue, just take time to clean the parts you can get to.

If you have some cheap material, you can load that and run that back and forth through the machine. That'll help draw any wet ink still on the rollers off. Plus it kind of makes a neat listen.

What ink coverage are you running? You're probably putting down too much ink if it's a spot/area that's not curing. If it's a section, like 1/4 of the printed area, of your media that's not curing it could be a component issue.

Also, what firmware are you running? My 570, running Storm 6 would lose the hole curing module. It quit curing all together. That was solved with a patch from HP to run an older firmware. If you haven't recently updated, it's most likely too much ink/too few passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sign.ed

And black or very dark colors will give you the issue, but most other colors won't unless you are just dumping ink.

It's a trifecta:
Pass count
Ink coverage
Curing temp.

You're trying to find a balance between the 3. If you really do need to put a lot of ink down, then first I'd take my pass count way up before temp. Too much heat can damage or degrade adhesives.

Translucent I run 16p @ 170% and heat around 200*

*Don't remember actual temp, but it's around there. Temp should be the last adjustment, unless your having curing issues across all colors, or warp your mefia. I almost never adjust my temp.

Since it is a balance, a higher ink coverage and a higher pass count (slow feed speed) will allow you to run a cooler temps, because the media spends longer in the curing phase.

I have a customer who, isn't a real killer on matching his colors perfect because it's a temporary decal, 500 8"x28". He needs a very quick turn around, so we run 8p @ 80% temp is still around the 200 mark.

Last edited:

CPRsigns

My HP 315 is not drying patches of ink in my prints. I tried turning up the heat up its already all the way up to its max setting. I am printing on 3 mil adhesive AVery 9223. black and white prints large scale about 13' x 22'

Also By mistake yesterday I unloaded the roll but some of the ink was not cured, so the uncured ink went backwards through the machine. wondering if this is gonna cause problems?

We have an HP360 and had to replace heaters and a harness to cure the same problem. We also had to replace the Impinging Module E2X76-67006

AKwrapguy

What are your setting for number of passes, ink density and temperature?

There are three essential variables to balance with HP Latex printers - time, temperature, and ink density. Here is a video on the subject. Note that there are literally dozens of this type of content available for successful printing with HP Latex, on more topics than you can shake a proverbial stick at:

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Had this problem when I worked for a company doing popups. We ran 10 pass standard but for art with large areas of dark colors and blacks we would have to run 16 pass to get a full cure.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
This has happened on our l26500 when using customer supplied dark graphics.
When we changed the color to pantone process black it stopped.
We cured some of the over saturated prints with a heat gun.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
My 570, running Storm 6 would lose the hole curing module. It quit curing all together. That was solved with a patch from HP to run an older firmware.
This might be an answer to my problem. At least half a dozen times our 560 has just stopped in the middle of the print and thrown up a 19.12:11 code, which when I look it up it is a curing control module error. So I have to restart the machine and then it runs fine till the next time. That error has been on the screen a couple times just walking in in the morning and getting ready to start printing.

Sign.ed

This might be an answer to my problem. At least half a dozen times our 560 has just stopped in the middle of the print and thrown up a 19.12:11 code, which when I look it up it is a curing control module error. So I have to restart the machine and then it runs fine till the next time. That error has been on the screen a couple times just walking in in the morning and getting ready to start printing.

Definitely give your service center/HP rep a call.

My first curing module issue we as 16.43, 16.44, 16.41, 16.42, the second set being the address of one of the 4 heating controls, that was fixed with the storm 6 update.

That update however would cause the entire module to shut off. That wouldn't throw a code for me though. I just had to keep an eye on the material coming out. Happens 3/4 times before HP had a solution for me. Worse instance was 60ft of perf printed overnight, none of the ink cured. I reboot fixed that issues

Work we did with HP, And they have me running Storm 5.3.3 or something now, and haven't had any issues.

Those have been my only real issues with my 570 in a year and 15 days, HP/GSG(our vendor) were real quick to try and rectify though.

WrapSolutions

I've been experiencing the same problem. HP, however told me to update the firmware. I'm running Storm 7, so are you saying you would recommend the opposite and go with an older firmware? And if so how does one go about doing this... now talking to them costs me $50. And just had the SMK#3 serviced, would of thought the thing would run perfectly after that massive bill....