• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions HP Latex 335 vs 365

nico

Is the extra $ worth it, to get the 365 over the 335?
I'll be focusing on Stickers, at least in the beginning (die cut). As a reference, like the ones Sticker Mule does.

I'm thinking either printer + a Graphtec FC8600 54" to start with.

Haven't completely discarded the 115 either.

All input is welcome! Thanks

CanuckSigns

You have started multiple threads on this same topic, multiple people have given you good advise. You said yourself in one of the other threads that the latex prints you have seen haven't been up to snuff quality wise, so why are you now asking about the latex models?

My advise from 15 years of digital printing, get a printer from the closest tech to your shop, these machines will always break down at the worst possible time, and a speedy tech can make all the difference.

kanini

We have both 360 and 330 (same ones but the 365/335 has some firmware updates) and the differences I see make up for the price difference:
- Integrated spectrophotometer in 365, you can create own profiles from scratch compared to downloading with 335
- Faster print speed on 365 (useful if you run higher volumes/all day but if you're starting out they both will be fast enough
- Integrated cutoff knife (365), handy but you manage well without it

I think spindles are a bit more flimsy on the 335 but we have upgraded to same ones on the 330 as on the 360 so I can't say if it's an issue.
The 115 is even slower and has less features and more expensive ink so I wouldn't consider it if you think you maybe will outgrow it.

If the 365 is worth the extras? If you are picky with color, plan on running quite a lot a day and want to be able to create your own profiles then yes. Otherwise the 335 will be an excellent machine as well. This was just my 0.02. Good luck! =)

nico

You have started multiple threads on this same topic, multiple people have given you good advise. You said yourself in one of the other threads that the latex prints you have seen haven't been up to snuff quality wise, so why are you now asking about the latex models?
only two threads, different topics: first one introducing myself and asking for advice regarding what would be the best cutter for me; second thread: asking for advice regarding two specific printers from people who've had experience with the machines or bought/own any of the models.
My advise from 15 years of digital printing, get a printer from the closest tech to your shop, these machines will always break down at the worst possible time, and a speedy tech can make all the difference.
I appreciate the advise, thank you for your time.

nico

We have both 360 and 330 (same ones but the 365/335 has some firmware updates) and the differences I see make up for the price difference:
- Integrated spectrophotometer in 365, you can create own profiles from scratch compared to downloading with 335
- Faster print speed on 365 (useful if you run higher volumes/all day but if you're starting out they both will be fast enough
- Integrated cutoff knife (365), handy but you manage well without it

I think spindles are a bit more flimsy on the 335 but we have upgraded to same ones on the 330 as on the 360 so I can't say if it's an issue.
The 115 is even slower and has less features and more expensive ink so I wouldn't consider it if you think you maybe will outgrow it.

If the 365 is worth the extras? If you are picky with color, plan on running quite a lot a day and want to be able to create your own profiles then yes. Otherwise the 335 will be an excellent machine as well. This was just my 0.02. Good luck! =)
Thank you very much Kanini for the advice, it really helps a lot!
Best, Nico