• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 360 Carriage Rod Lubrication

AllStarNow

Hey Guys I'm getting a horrific squeaking coming from my Latex 360 despite multiple carriage rod lubrications. I had mentioned it to a tech when he was out here and he mentioned something about some foam or felt wells located in a hard to reach area on the carriage that can act as a sort of wick to keep the rod lubricated. I'm having trouble locating them and was wondering if anyone else knew about these? I can't find anything in the users manual.

I've taken a pic of what I think it is on the left side and drew arrows. On the right side I have no idea.

Attachments

• rod1_LI.jpg
    rod1_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 661
  • rod2.jpg
    rod2.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 373

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That's the one on the left and the one on the right is called Oiler. Its that big piece that's hold with three little screws. Whole bottom part of the picture. Best reached if you disassemble the right end of printer.

Your left one is looking quite oily.
What is your service maintenance status? Both of those are replaced in the SMK 3.

There is one on the top as well, but that is difficult to get to. You have to take out the carriage half way.

Are you sure it's coming from carriage?

Last edited:

AllStarNow

SMK 3 was done back in June of 2018. I'm pretty sure it's the carriage rod making the noise. Mostly on longer runs, but it also seems to come and go.

orion2005

Hi, i am having the same problem with my LX 360, Since a few months it started to making noise when it is printing and the carriage moves from side to side, mostly when it is returning . I also tried lubricating the carriage rod, but id does not help, does anyone has found a solution for this?

heldergenial

Genial Stickerd
Hi, i am having the same problem with my LX 360, Since a few months it started to making noise when it is printing and the carriage moves from side to side, mostly when it is returning . I also tried lubricating the carriage rod, but id does not help, does anyone has found a solution for this?
My hp 365 have the same issue...maybe the problem can be the felts and bushings of carriage. I'll try replace them to solve it!