• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 Grays

kazziu

I have thought that i have things sorted out with this machine. I had this profile with perfect greys for years but after switching all printheads to new ones besides the OP one in a span of one week i got a color change and now my profile with a perfect grey has a yellowish tint on it. I tried doing a new media profile from scratch, all sorts of color calibrations/ICC profiling within this profile aswell as on the settings menu aswell. Nothing helps, the yellow is noticable on all new profiles i make.
Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How is the nozzle check? All open?
Did you do the automatic printhead alignment? Went ok?
Did you try to do the colour calibration on that original profile of yours? If it even had the calibration done on that before.

kazziu

How is the nozzle check? All open?
Did you do the automatic printhead alignment? Went ok?
Did you try to do the colour calibration on that original profile of yours? If it even had the calibration done on that before.
All printheads new, except OP. Printhead aligment done. I ran the color calibration and ICC profiling at least 3 times on the oryginal profile and nothing helps. On the left is my old grey, on the right the new one.

Attachments

• GREY.jpg
    GREY.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 143

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah I know, new heads. Still it's best to check that the nozzles are open, it can affect the shade of the colour. Even new ones can have stuck nozzles.
You could try to clean the line sensor and re-do the printhead alignment.
There's lost of different possibilities for this. You could have a dirty white point in the spectro etc etc.

Attachments

• HP L100 300 500 Line Sensor Cleaning.pdf
    384.4 KB · Views: 142

DeadDoc

This machine will be the death of me. I had one running fine before a move. After a move 90% of the profiles I created would no longer work. Many many more issues on my end, lots color related. I have two on site and one I have labeled as indefinitely down. At some point I will start a thread when I have time to rant on and on about it.

I did notice on the dead printer that replacing the OP print head did make a major difference but that was the least of its issues as it needs the smk3 badly.

Last edited:

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
I have replaced these over the last 5 years the most.
If you would like to replace it with the best machine- reach out to me
All the best,
Bruce
melloimaging.com

TKD

IMG-20210220-WA0005.jpg
im having problems printing. printer gives a different shade every time i print.

just tried 3 times to print the same picture.
everytime i get a different shade..

IMG-20210220-WA0004.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
print heads replaced as the machine requests.
you think we should replace All heads at once?
If there's just one that's "dying" while printing you will get this. You won't get an error for that. Even the nozzle check can be perfect but when the printhead heats while printing the bad ones start acting up.
Check the stats from the printer for every printhead how much they have usage in millilitres and share. No need to replace all of them unless all are used and old.

Head: ml:
OP
LC-LM
C-K1
C-K2
M-Y1
M-Y2