• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex 360 ink droplets on print media

ADuke

I am new to printing with the HP Latex 360 printer, Previously I worked with a Roland Eco-Solvent. I was having banding issues with just colors using Magenta (reds, burgundies, purples..etc.). I've tried using the "optimize print quality" cleanings, re-profiling medias (even thought it happens on all medias), Cleaning print heads, and finally replacing print heads. I replaced the two Yellow/Magenta heads and the good news is, it's not banding anymore. The bad news is, I am now getting ink droplets on the media when printing (this was not happening before). I tried doing a cleaning (thinking maybe I somehow got dirt on the heads while replacing them) and using less passes (went from 10 to 8) but halfway through the print it started with the droplets again. Anyone know how to fix this or know what would cause this? I called our tech support line and they recommended replacing all heads (other then the ones I just replaces and the optimizer) but since I am only seeing it in yellow/magenta I would hate to spend the money on 4 new print heads and find out that's not the issue.

I am new to printing with the HP Latex 360 printer, Previously I worked with a Roland Eco-Solvent. I was having banding issues with just colors using Magenta (reds, burgundies, purples..etc.). I've tried using the "optimize print quality" cleanings, re-profiling medias (even thought it happens on all medias), Cleaning print heads, and finally replacing print heads. I replaced the two Yellow/Magenta heads and the good news is, it's not banding anymore. The bad news is, I am now getting ink droplets on the media when printing (this was not happening before). I tried doing a cleaning (thinking maybe I somehow got dirt on the heads while replacing them) and using less passes (went from 10 to 8) but halfway through the print it started with the droplets again. Anyone know how to fix this or know what would cause this? I called our tech support line and they recommended replacing all heads (other then the ones I just replaces and the optimizer) but since I am only seeing it in yellow/magenta I would hate to spend the money on 4 new print heads and find out that's not the issue.

You know the saying a picture is worth 1000 words? Could be a lot of things. There might be a small fiber on the bottom of carriage that is disrupting the spray. It could just be a printhead alignment

ADuke

attachment.php
attachment.php
Thank you for replying, here are a few photos. I just printed swatches of other colors ( CMYK, red, blue, orange, purple etc) and got a couple droplets on the blue and purple colors. The droplets are magenta colored.

Attachments

• WP_20150731_002.jpg
    WP_20150731_002.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 339
  • WP_20150731_003.jpg
    WP_20150731_003.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 316
You can also enable Extra Printhead Cleanings in the Ink - image quality maintenance menu. As a last resort, remove the Magenta heads, inspect them and the carriage and re-seat them.

Bly

We had trouble with magenta/lt magenta heads and our dealer came and installed firmware which solved the issue.

jasonx

What firmware are on Brian? My 360 is firing magenta where it shouldn't be. With the naked eye it looks like its a bit fuzzy but under a 10x loupe you can see magenta speckles where the substrate should be white.

Also throwing a heap of 86:10 errors from memory.

Bly

What firmware are on Brian? My 360 is firing magenta where it shouldn't be. With the naked eye it looks like its a bit fuzzy but under a 10x loupe you can see magenta speckles where the substrate should be white.

Also throwing a heap of 86:10 errors from memory.

NEXUS_00_06_02.7

Magenta and lt magenta were fuzzy on the print gutters and anywhere a lot of M was used.
I replaced four heads trying to bring it back.
He did say it was mainly a lt magenta issue although dark M was a problem for me too.
After he installed this FW it has sharpened up nicely.

jasonx

Hey Brian,

Seems like I'm experiencing the same issues on our machine. I spent a lot of time cleaning and replacing heads and trying different profiles. Glad it wasn't just me.

We're running: Firmware version: NEXUS_00_04_10.3

Bly

Jason,

Get in touch with your dealer mate. They didn't approach me.
I was talking to them about something else and mentioned the problem.
They then sent their tech out and installed it as a warranty issue.

dan1942

@bly Yeah we are having the same issues with our Lt M head being fuzzy. It has to do with the Print head not getting enough Voltage and they have to install a Beta firmware which should fix it. but are seems to be coming back now so hopefully we can get it figured out I was all set to order another L360 on Friday but then we were back down again due to the banding so I am holding off until it gets resolved.

dan1942

Jason,

Get in touch with your dealer mate. They didn't approach me.
I was talking to them about something else and mentioned the problem.
They then sent their tech out and installed it as a warranty issue.

How long have you been running the Beta Firmware?