• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 it here

KevSign

Properly I am the 1st one in Orange, CA got this printer :)

Also additional used Multicam 1000 with Multivision (in Florida) bought from Global Garage up and running very nice.

Now our equip should be good for Southern CA Wholesale: HP Latex LX850 10ft, 2 HP Latex L28500 104", HP Latex 360, HP FB500 UV, Multicam 1000 with Multivision, Roland VS640, US Tech 64" Laminate, Automatic Grommets,

Attachments

• HP Latex 360_K&L Wide Format.jpg
    HP Latex 360_K&L Wide Format.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 232
  • HP Latex 360_K&L Wide Format2.jpg
    HP Latex 360_K&L Wide Format2.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 170
  • HP Latex 360_K&L Wide Format3.jpg
    HP Latex 360_K&L Wide Format3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 137
  • MC1000 Router_K&L Wide Format.jpg
    MC1000 Router_K&L Wide Format.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 131
  • MC1000 Router_K&L Wide Format2.jpg
    MC1000 Router_K&L Wide Format2.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 144

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Congratulations on taking the plunge! I hope you'll post your impressions of the printer on the forum soon.

SWEET!

I am signing paperwork for mine today! Let me know how you like it.

I'm a little worried. I have to get it into our studio that is above our garage. Will have to bring up the stand and then carry up the printer I guess. I really need to get a shop that is on ground level....

KevSign

1st problem conflict driver on Caldera Rip 9.2 is we cannot print L28500 or maybe L265 with "Nimbus error".
We are lucky had backup system to using right away keep production on our 2 L28500.

If you are planning for new L300, L330, L360 using with caldera 9.2 make sure let technician know not install driver yet until Caldera has release new update.

Caldera call head quarter in French for issue, hope it will result today.

ProColorGraphics

So would you say this is a worthwhile upgrade from a L260? Thinking about upgrading one of mine. I would have to sell one to make room, so I must want to make sure it's worth it. :)

Robert Gruner

So would you say this is a worthwhile upgrade from a L260? Thinking about upgrading one of mine. I would have to sell one to make room, so I must want to make sure it's worth it. :)

The L360 is slick slick slick! The L26500 of L260 were very nice printers; but, the L360 is highly superior. It prints almost twice as fast in all passes, is 3" wider, and so far, appears to print much bettoer on all medias. The printer lays a clear optomizer down prior to ink which allows latex to bind much tighter. It is very difficult to scratch off.

Previous latex owners will be blown away.

Bob Gruner
bob@nusignsupply.com

a77

so, any downsides at all?
all printers have pros and cons, but so far seems to have no cons?
Too good to be true? :)

FrankW

so, any downsides at all?
all printers have pros and cons, but so far seems to have no cons?
Too good to be true? :)

We have the 360 since 6 weeks in our showroom, and during tests and demonstrations we have checked out the following little cons:

No unidirectional print modes, no possibility to reduce the print carriage speed (as it is possible with the Latex 280 who prints with 60ips too, but can be reduced to 40ips), so under some circumstances the print quality with small decals with sharp edges can be lower than with a latex 260 in unidirectional mode.

Internal color calibration is very easy to use and produce very good results, but professionals should miss features like modifying GCR/UCR-Settings and more.

Still special requirements for power supply.

No white, no metallic (if someone is interested in)

I don't like the new color of the printer, would prefer the old black over the new grey.

No Handle to open the printers front window, you need to grab on the edge of the window.

There are a few little issues with RIP-Softwares because of the new contone printing. No bugs, but things to learn.

ProColorGraphics

Everything sounds awesome on it, but still makes me want to wait. The one thing I really liked is the new platens, since I have been doing a lot of lighter fabric. The platen covers you can get for the L260 work great, but can streak the ink on the backside of the media if you overload them.

KevSign

Xgame - Oakley Booth print on HP Latex 360

Here are some pictures
Project printed with HP Latex 360 wall mural printed on GF Concept 222 install direct on plywood 8'x20' (NO LAMINATION WITHOUT ANY SCRATCH WHEN INSTALL)

Oakley logo was print on Oracal clear adhesive and mount on brush aluminum router from our Multicam router with glow LED behind.

X-GAME project in Austin TX - We drove out there from Orange, California on Tuesday (6/3) install and drove back on to CA on Thursday night (6/5)

Attachments

• K&L HP Latex 360_1.jpg
    K&L HP Latex 360_1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 128
  • K&L HP Latex 360_3.jpg
    K&L HP Latex 360_3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 115
  • K&L HP Latex 360_2.jpg
    K&L HP Latex 360_2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 121
  • K&L HP Latex 360.jpg
    K&L HP Latex 360.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 128

dypinc

SO how much ink lay-down can be gained by using that Latex Optimizer on fabrics and other media that had to have low ink limits with the previous printers.

What percentage of Latex Optimizer with what materials?

FrankW

I don't know the exact percentage, I have tried something with two extreme values, one time optimizer value = 0, other time optimizer value = 50 (100 possible) ... I'm shure a lower level could help too.

Attached please find samples on a cheap white label monomeric vinyl, 6-Pass-Printmode. The print sample is the internal ink limit swatch at 90% ink coverage.

Sample without any Optimizer:

ohne-Optimizer.jpg

Sample with an Optimizer-Level of 50:

Mit-Optimizer.jpg

The main purpose for optimizer is to increase speed. Don't know how it will work on fabrics.

dypinc

The main purpose for optimizer is to increase speed. Don't know how it will work on fabrics.

I understand the speed issue, but I am really wondering about is what effect it has on the can't lay down much ink products in regards to increasing color gamut.

2B

those are some sharp lines

how does the cost compare with /without the optimizer?

what is the speed increased by?

I understand the speed issue, but I am really wondering about is what effect it has on the can't lay down much ink products in regards to increasing color gamut.

Fabrics (especially uncoated woven and knit polyester) are highly absorptive and the rough surface tends to cause ink to migrate into the yarn. This tends to restrict the color gamut that can be produced, due to the fact that relatively little ink remains on the surface to reflect light off of. The optimizer does not change this.

Dye sublimation inks are still the best bet where large-gamut is the goal.