Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Latex 360 media sucking

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by growler, Apr 11, 2019.

1. growler

growler Member

Apr 20, 2010
    NZ
    Hey team,

not sure what way to describe this, my knowledge of latex machines is limited, I went from solvent to UV and have never dabbled in it.

Anyway, on my 360, as the media is exiting the printer it's getting sucked UP into the curing unit. I have attached some pics. I thought this would have been blowing down not sucking up.
    Is there a global setting to adjust this or is it media dependant. It's doing my head in!!

Help me sign gurus, please!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Increase the vaccum on the platen might help. Your issue could also be media buckling. Cheaper vinyls buckle under the heat and will hit the heaters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. growler

growler Member

Apr 20, 2010
    NZ
    I have tried the media platten vaccum with no success, even with the printer 'cold' it's physically sucking the media against the curing unit, there is an actual vacuum pulling the media against it and holding it there, if I disengage it it gets sucked back on within seconds.

4. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    The curing heaters blow down on the media. Right before the curing heaters there is an intake where it pulls air back in. This is where your issue of sucking up is probably coming from. Haven't seen this issue myself so I'm not sure how you would fix it. Could be some sort of vinyl or material stuck in there that is changing the way the air flows. All the fans work together to create a even flow through the machine. If something is wrong with some of them or blocking some of them the airflow for the whole machine can be affected.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ahmed Ahmed

Ahmed Ahmed New Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Nashville
    hey i am having the same issue how did you fix it?

6. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Is it static electricity? Do you have a take up reel?

7. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    What media are you running? The printer should push the end out instead of bunching up there, might just be a matter of cleaning in the curing unit to reduce friction.

We have noticed on some vinyls (particularly IJ35, not the air release version) the heat actually melts the backing paper causing it to stick a bit under the heaters and would cause a similar problem. You could feel on the backing where it would have a strange texture to it after going through the heat.

8. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    temps are too high....every profile you download are created(for the most part) in Barcelona...in a lab with perfect conditions. Every profile needs to have its temps reduced...my cheat sheet ad vinyl 210-214 banner 215-218 just a starting point...ironically the 560 in my opinion needs to have 8 degrees more per....

9. Ryan Ramlal

Ryan Ramlal Illumination

Dec 27, 2018
    NY
    I have the same issue on a Hp Latex 365.

Here are some examples.
    Too Much Heat, Not Enough Vacuum Pressure, Cheap Media, Media not attached to Take Up Reel.

Easy Fix attach media to take up reel before you start printing. Advance about 1 foot of media and attach to scrap media about 4 feet long on the take up reel.
    Yes I know it wastes the media but it prevent head damage or paper Jam.