• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 media sucking

growler

Hey team,

not sure what way to describe this, my knowledge of latex machines is limited, I went from solvent to UV and have never dabbled in it.

Anyway, on my 360, as the media is exiting the printer it's getting sucked UP into the curing unit. I have attached some pics. I thought this would have been blowing down not sucking up.
Is there a global setting to adjust this or is it media dependant. It's doing my head in!!

Help me sign gurus, please!

Attachments

• IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 332
Increase the vaccum on the platen might help. Your issue could also be media buckling. Cheaper vinyls buckle under the heat and will hit the heaters.

growler

Increase the vaccum on the platen might help. Your issue could also be media buckling. Cheaper vinyls buckle under the heat and will hit the heaters.
I have tried the media platten vaccum with no success, even with the printer 'cold' it's physically sucking the media against the curing unit, there is an actual vacuum pulling the media against it and holding it there, if I disengage it it gets sucked back on within seconds.

The curing heaters blow down on the media. Right before the curing heaters there is an intake where it pulls air back in. This is where your issue of sucking up is probably coming from. Haven't seen this issue myself so I'm not sure how you would fix it. Could be some sort of vinyl or material stuck in there that is changing the way the air flows. All the fans work together to create a even flow through the machine. If something is wrong with some of them or blocking some of them the airflow for the whole machine can be affected.

Ahmed Ahmed

Hey team,

not sure what way to describe this, my knowledge of latex machines is limited, I went from solvent to UV and have never dabbled in it.

Anyway, on my 360, as the media is exiting the printer it's getting sucked UP into the curing unit. I have attached some pics. I thought this would have been blowing down not sucking up.
Is there a global setting to adjust this or is it media dependant. It's doing my head in!!

Help me sign gurus, please!
hey i am having the same issue how did you fix it?

Dan360

What media are you running? The printer should push the end out instead of bunching up there, might just be a matter of cleaning in the curing unit to reduce friction.

We have noticed on some vinyls (particularly IJ35, not the air release version) the heat actually melts the backing paper causing it to stick a bit under the heaters and would cause a similar problem. You could feel on the backing where it would have a strange texture to it after going through the heat.

greysquirrel

temps are too high....every profile you download are created(for the most part) in Barcelona...in a lab with perfect conditions. Every profile needs to have its temps reduced...my cheat sheet ad vinyl 210-214 banner 215-218 just a starting point...ironically the 560 in my opinion needs to have 8 degrees more per....

Ryan Ramlal

Illumination
I have the same issue on a Hp Latex 365.

Here are some examples.
Too Much Heat, Not Enough Vacuum Pressure, Cheap Media, Media not attached to Take Up Reel.

Easy Fix attach media to take up reel before you start printing. Advance about 1 foot of media and attach to scrap media about 4 feet long on the take up reel.
Yes I know it wastes the media but it prevent head damage or paper Jam.