• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 Printer, using PosterShop 11 Onyx, not printing pdf files.

Mattie_BR

Hello,

I have a HP latex 360 wide format printer that works fine, most of the time. Sometimes, there is an issue with it printing PDF files blank, after the file was ripped and prepared in PosterShop 11 Onyx.

I have checked the file multiple times, and recreated it in illustrator, but it is a simple vector gradient in a clipping mask, to make it a triangle.

I don't know if this is a known issue, since it doesn't happen with all of my PDF files that have used clipping masks on vector artwork before.

After sending the file to be ripped, it shows the triangle in onyx, and even on the printers screen, but it still prints out as blank. It has forced me to print in a TIFF file format, which has caused some discoloration issues.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have a HP latex 360 wide format printer that works fine, most of the time. Sometimes, there is an issue with it printing PDF files blank, after the file was ripped and prepared in PosterShop 11 Onyx.

I have checked the file multiple times, and recreated it in illustrator, but it is a simple vector gradient in a clipping mask, to make it a triangle.

I don't know if this is a known issue, since it doesn't happen with all of my PDF files that have used clipping masks on vector artwork before.

After sending the file to be ripped, it shows the triangle in onyx, and even on the printers screen, but it still prints out as blank. It has forced me to print in a TIFF file format, which has caused some discoloration issues.

Have you tried exporting it as a jpeg?

Mattie_BR

try as .eps
Thank you for the suggestion, but this is not what I am asking. I would like to know if anyone has had similar issues, or know if there is a reason for it happening, or a fix for this when printing off a PDF file.

Mariocesar

I had an issue like that before and I just flatted the image with photoshop go to layers, Flatten image that worked for me.

amandaveronica

I have not had the issue of the art showing but then not printing... but I do have a hard time printing some transparencies from vector files... though I see the issues show in preview before printing, but maybe something similar is happening to you but it just shows an incorrect preview? Does the gradient or clipping mask have any opacity to it?

I usually have to fix mine by saving as Tiff, but recently I was printing a file with a really complex gradient mesh, and saving as Tiff was actually flattening the artwork incorrectly. I was able to save as "Acrobat 4 (PDF 1.3) compatibility, and that worked for me.