• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 365 automatic media update

Devon Teneycke

Koncet Sign Group - Saskatoon, SK, Canada
We recently upgraded one of our printers to an HP Latex 365, and our rip to Onyx Production House 12. We're having some issues with the printer and Onyx not properly communicating whether material is loaded or not. Most of the time it works fine. I load material to the printer, and Onyx automatically reads the new profile and size. But sometimes it will update just the material that I loaded but not the correct size listed on the printer screen, or, when I click the "Manual Update" button in the page setup tab, Onyx will insist that no media is loaded even though the printer says it is loaded and ready to go. I've checked to make sure my profiles are loaded from the printer to the rip correctly, and both the firmware for the printer and the updates for Onyx are up to date. Our printers are connected to the rip over a local network, and I have assigned static IPs to each machine.

Could anyone recommend a fix, or good place to start looking for where the miscommunication is happening?

papabud

Lone Wolf
well with all hp products the one thing they all need is patients. it takes a few moments for them to sync up when you make a change

Devon Teneycke

well with all hp products the one thing they all need is patients. it takes a few moments for them to sync up when you make a change
I'll try walking away and doing something else for a minute, just to make sure I've given it the time it needs. But most of the time it will load the new presets very quickly, though. In the time it takes me to walk from the printer to the rip computer, it's updated. Is there a reason it is sporadically not loading at that faster rate, or only partially updating?

Devon Teneycke

So before we left for the weekend on Friday it gave me that same error message. So I left it all weekend to try to communicate. It's Monday morning now and it still gives the error message. Guess it's not a slow communication issue.

FusePrints

Hello I don't know if you are still having the same issue but I was told from onyx that I needed to update the network card on my computer. I have not dont this yet and seem to have issues daily with it not communicating. Did you find anything out since Feb?

Bly

We have trouble with our 360s and Onyx too.
Sometimes when one is printing you can't get a job to start on the other one.
Restarting the RIP works but is not real convenient at times.
I gave up on the media sync and turned it off.

FusePrints

I talked to Onyx Tech Last week and they stated the HP firmware has been updated along with the Onyx Version. They now both need to run on a network card that can support more than a GB of data. Mine apparently does not. I am having other weird issues with my RIP as well. For instance when I open a file and tell it to automatically open in Job editor it sometimes wont launched job editor. The list goes on and on. I am waiting for a moment to get a new Network card installed to see if that doesn't help with a lot of my issues.

Devon Teneycke

We're still having some issues with Onyx, yes. As well as this issue, we were having MAJOR issues with crashes in random spots. Onyx and their techs were baffled by them, but we think we've got it tracked down to one of two things:

1) We had some undiagnosed issues with a network cable. The one running to our Onyx Production House RIP computer may have been faulty, as we weren't getting the full 1 GBPS speed out of it. We swapped that out for a new one and, for now, the crashes have stopped.
2) There might be some weird issue with our USB security key. They can't explain why this could be the problem, but these were issues that didn't happen on a previous install of Onyx 10.1 and the key is one of the few things that was updated and brought over to the new system, so we're just trying to cross it off the list. They sent me a new key that was cloned from the info off our old one so it will keep our new Onyx running, and we're going to use it for a while and see if things improve.

Other than that, no one has recommended upgrading our network card, although I looked at its specs and it should support the speeds we need. Might be worth considering though for the cheap price of a decent card. For now, though, the issues with Onyx not properly polling the Latex 365 remain. I'm leaning towards an issue with our network stability or some bug in the code with Onyx rather than a PC issue, but we're keeping our options open on this one.

Bly

Thrive 12.1 prints to our Epson and Arizona printers just fine so I'm guessing it's an HP issue.

FusePrints

We're still having some issues with Onyx, yes. As well as this issue, we were having MAJOR issues with crashes in random spots. Onyx and their techs were baffled by them, but we think we've got it tracked down to one of two things:

1) We had some undiagnosed issues with a network cable. The one running to our Onyx Production House RIP computer may have been faulty, as we weren't getting the full 1 GBPS speed out of it. We swapped that out for a new one and, for now, the crashes have stopped.
2) There might be some weird issue with our USB security key. They can't explain why this could be the problem, but these were issues that didn't happen on a previous install of Onyx 10.1 and the key is one of the few things that was updated and brought over to the new system, so we're just trying to cross it off the list. They sent me a new key that was cloned from the info off our old one so it will keep our new Onyx running, and we're going to use it for a while and see if things improve.

Other than that, no one has recommended upgrading our network card, although I looked at its specs and it should support the speeds we need. Might be worth considering though for the cheap price of a decent card. For now, though, the issues with Onyx not properly polling the Latex 365 remain. I'm leaning towards an issue with our network stability or some bug in the code with Onyx rather than a PC issue, but we're keeping our options open on this one.

Hello. Im waiting for a slow moment so I actually bave toime to see what kind of network crad I
Thrive 12.1 prints to our Epson and Arizona printers just fine so I'm guessing it's an HP issue.
Agreed!

Emd2kick

We use Thrive for our Agfa and HP 365 without issues. We did have issues with Onyx Poster shop on our 365, so we added it to our Thrive license.