• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 365 Inks, in direct sun........

DrunknMonk

Hi everyone, The UK machine/inks suppliers have a saying that digital inks unlaminated last 3 years in California sunlight, as I'm based in the UK (north) we don't get sunlight yes :( I know its UV that fades things, but how long do they actually last ?? APPROX

This is for all you people who have sun.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It is a combo of what vinyl (and laminate) you have that makes the longevity; obviously cheaper vinyls and no laminate is going to lead to earlier failures. If you use 3M vinyls they have an MCS program and warranty/info on all vinyl combinations available with your printer/ink.

flyplainsdrifta

I've seen some of my prints in direct sun for about 3 years. sounds about right. can also depend on the material. adding a matching laminate to any vinyl can extend the life of a print by a year or so in my opinion past the factory timeline. but there is a whole host of things that can cause fading and failures, including post print and install care, so id make sure customers are aware of the cleaning rules for it. i had someone take iso to an unlaminated uv print and complain that the ink was washing off. so yeah. make sure people are aware of graphic care haha.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
so Polymeric Calendered vinyl no lamination, not cleaned, direct in the sun, 3 years you think?
I don't think the ink is going to be what fails. Is there a reason not to use a better quality media besides the customer not wanting to pay the price?