• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 365 - Printing dead center?

TheBarricade

EDIT: Problem solved! Thank you all for your help. Long story short - I was placing small crop marks to mark where the sheeting would be cut and that ultimately pushed everything to the left which left a tiny margin on the left and a huge one on the right. My image is now 23.250 (no crop marks) and prints center just fine on a 24.260"W sheeting with edge holders being used.

Thanks!
-----------
Hello! Question on printing dead center using the HP Latex 365 and Flexi software.

We are using reflective sheeting (for traffic signs) that is 24.260" wide. The sign we are printing is 24" wide. In flexi, it states borderless is "not available" so we are trying to center the print as perfectly as possible on the sheeting. Unfortunately, even when choosing "centered" in Flexi RIP and Print, it favors the left. I've tried shifting the margins to scoot it over a bit to the right but to no avail. Is that just how the printer is designed? - to give it more space on the right? Is there any way at all to make it perfectly centered?

HP Latex 365
Fluorescent Diamond Grade Sheeting
FlexiPRINT & CUT Authorized 3M Traffic Edition

Note (in case it matters): We use the dual edge holders for the sheeting.

Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

TheBarricade

Does the printer read the width of the sheeting?

If it does then it is a Flexi issue.

Hm. When I do the "Poll Size" in Flexi, it grabs the correct size from the printer. Does that mean Flexi is not sending over the correct information?

The margins are all at 0, the Position is at 0, panel size is at .025. I'm not sure what else it could be at this point...

ikarasu

I've never found a way for it to be perfect in Onyx.

I usually cut the white space out, tell it to print left justified...measure how far off it is and then I tell Onyx to print it inset by xx amount. Then I can run a full roll of reflective and it works good.

Not sure how flexi is... But at least in Onyx if you're not printing with no bleed it'll add a gutter for the edge guards because this presumes you're using them. You can turn that off in onyx... Not too familiar with flexi though.

Just a hint. You can borderless print without checking borderless print and with edge holders you just have to be careful. In the menu under substrate settings tell the printer that the media is 25" wide. The go to the setting for right edge position and move it .2 further to the right. This will make the margin it normally puts on there push off the right edge of the media and your print will begin on the edge. This is how you can print color all the way to the edge without the printer knowing.