• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 370

The Latex 360 is now being positioned to those users who use less than 10 liters of ink per month, and the Latex 370 is for those using > 10 liters (rough estimate). This would equate to roughly 10,000 square feet of output per month (or ~1,000 sq meters), give or take 10 percent.

rjssigns

I'm so glad HP has dropped the price of the new machines. MAKES MY 26500 WORHLESS!!!

I think you'll see a lot of this with HP. Happens every time they figure out Bigger, Better or Faster.

Of course it's no different with other manufacturers.

All done to keep you on the path of perpetual upgrades. If you don't have the latest bit of kit you might as well close the doors blah blah blah...........

Crafty little devils those marketers.

BALLPARK

I see HP dropping new units every year just as they do with their laser printers. They will not do so with the more high-end units such has their UV flatbed and 100"+ latex. Their smaller latex units have a cheaper price tag compared to Roland's 64" Eco-Solvent printers.

I kinda like the way they are doing the smaller latex, but it will hurt selling the units used down the road.

FrankW

I'm in, glad I didn't get a 360 yet!

The 360 is upgradeable to 370. In switzerland, the price for the upgrade kit is exactly the same as the list price difference between the 360 and the 370. Only the labour costs for the one who upgrades the printer needs to be payed in addition.

But: the upgrade of the 370 isn't cheap. It pays for itself over the cheaper ink for people only who do high production.

All other features remain the same.

toodark said:
I'm so glad HP has dropped the price of the new machines. MAKES MY 26500 WORHLESS!!!

Do you earn money with prints? Or with buying and selling machines? :smile:

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
To those attended the show, any show specials offered on 360?

If you sign a letter of intent they discount the 360 by $1k so we picked up one for $18k with a set of inks and installation.

In talking with A guy at the HP booth the specs are the same between the 360 and 370 except for the bulk ink and the uninterruptible printing. The ink cost savings is supposed to be 28% . The sticker for the 370 is around $25k.

Hotspur

HP today announced a new Latex machine at ISA in Las Vegas, called the HP Latex 370. Based on the Latex 360, it has added significant ink capacity to the printer, allowing for even greater unattended operation, and a significant reduction in ink cost. Each color (CMYKcmO) has the standard 775 ml cartridge, and supports the use of 3 Liter ink boxes as well. Here is a link for more:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/commercial...=sc_R10931_go/go/socialmedia/sign&display2015

I don't think this is how it works. On my 370 they have a (removable) metal folded strip sitting over the blue plastic handles on the ink cart trays that stops you from removing the 775ml carts.

These carts are not standard either as they have a sticker on them saying they should not be removed - I think they are being used as sub tanks for the 3L carts that sit on the bottom to the rear.

If you get a 370 you will only be able to buy the 3L carts as far as I can see.

I don't think this is how it works. On my 370 they have a (removable) metal folded strip sitting over the blue plastic handles on the ink cart trays that stops you from removing the 775ml carts.

These carts are not standard either as they have a sticker on them saying they should not be removed - I think they are being used as sub tanks for the 3L carts that sit on the bottom to the rear.

If you get a 370 you will only be able to buy the 3L carts as far as I can see.

You are correct. The cart that comes with the machine is not the same as for the Latex 360, and is being constantly refilled by the 3L supply. It is also my understanding that the Latex 360 will not be upgradeable to using the ink supply system found in the 370, but I do not have confirmation on this.

Hotspur

You are correct. The cart that comes with the machine is not the same as for the Latex 360, and is being constantly refilled by the 3L supply. It is also my understanding that the Latex 360 will not be upgradeable to using the ink supply system found in the 370, but I do not have confirmation on this.

Hi

Yes the 360 is upgradeable to a 370.

There is a kit supplied to do this.

I spoke with HP at the recent ISA Expo and was informed that in the USA market will be no upgrade path from the Latex 360 to 370.

FrankW

I spoke with HP at the recent ISA Expo and was informed that in the USA market will be no upgrade path from the Latex 360 to 370.

We as a HP-Dealer have got the pricing for the upgrade a few days ago. It is exactly the price of the difference in the list prices of the machines. But we are based in europe. But still no information about availability of machines and upgrades.