• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp latex 54(summa) cutter issue

Jr gong

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my new cutter (I'm a noob). I set it up, did all the required calibrations etc and I'm getting "Offline" when I try to print barcode. I changed the ethernet cable nothing, used the USB option nothing, check the ip addresses between printer and cuter, no conflict. What the hell is going on! It's been more than 48hrs I'm trying to figure this out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TDFcustomSL

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my new cutter (I'm a noob). I set it up, did all the required calibrations etc and I'm getting "Offline" when I try to print barcode. I changed the ethernet cable nothing, used the USB option nothing, check the ip addresses between printer and cuter, no conflict. What the hell is going on! It's been more than 48hrs I'm trying to figure this out.

Its been a while since i set my Summa up for barcodes, but I believe you need to download the Barcode server from Summa and Cutter Control as well. Then you will need to create a hot folder to send the barcode cut jobs to that Cutter Control will access to actually send the cut file from....

Jr gong

Its been a while since i set my Summa up for barcodes, but I believe you need to download the Barcode server from Summa and Cutter Control as well. Then you will need to create a hot folder to send the barcode cut jobs to that Cutter Control will access to actually send the cut file from....
Oh I didn't know this! I have the hp version, I hope they have one.

FrankW

If you say you get "offline" if printing a barcode, does that error message appears when printing? That is a complete different issue. Where do the message "offline" appear?

What do you mean with "checking the IP adresses of printer and cutter"? Does the printer print? Does the cutter cut if doing a cutting test? Are both devices configured in production manager with their correct IP-Adresses?

Flexi should assign OPOS-Markers and Barcodes automatically as soon as the file contains valid cut contours. Are you shure you have defined it correctly? What means using the contour cutting functionality in Flexi Design OR defining contours with a spot colour named "CutContour" in Illustrator or Corel?

MMPFred

Is the printer printing the barcode on your job but you are not able send the cut file to the Summa?
I have an HP365 and a Summa D160 and once in a blue moon the usb port configuration reverts to a generic usb driver that won't allow the cut file to be sent from the (ONYX) software.
In the ONYX software I choose the Cut Server tab on the main screen, choose Manage Cutters- highlight your cutter- click Configure- check that Port Settings says "Summa USB", (not USB).
That restores communication on my system.